[net.rec] IRON EAGLE

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (02/23/86)

In article <9762@amdcad.UUCP> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:

>As long as we're talking about people who don't know anything about
>airplanes, I have long been bothered by the way "Airwolf" likes to
>shoot AGM-65 Mavericks at other aircraft. The Maverick is a television
>guided air-to-surface missile. It is only effective against stationary
>or slow-moving ground targets that are unable to move beyond a
>missile's limited field of view before being struck. I suppose I
>shouldn't be surprised.
>--
> Are you making this up as you go along?
>
> Phil Ngai +1 408 749 5720
> UUCP: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra}!amdcad!phil
> ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.dec.com

It also bothers me that somebody in hollywood thinks that you can hang a
chain gun off a landing gear pod.  Har har har har...(gee, makes you wonder
how he manages to tote munitions into that `cave' all the time!)

On a side note, maybe we should start mailing letters of protest to the
producers of Airwolf; in all those `missed missile' shots, I'm almost certain
that they've wiped out a rock-climbing route or two, no?

-dave

--
David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department
<disclaimer>	University of Maryland,  College Park, MD 20742

"Godzilla has been spotted in Sector 5!"

bde@ihlpl.UUCP (Ewbank) (02/28/86)

> >As long as we're talking about people who don't know anything about
> >airplanes, I have long been bothered by the way "Airwolf" ...
>
> It also bothers me that somebody in hollywood thinks that you can hang a
> chain gun off a landing gear pod.  Har har har har...(gee, makes you wonder
> how he manages to tote munitions into that `cave' all the time!)

Well, I like the show, but must admit I was more than somewhat
disgusted when watching the pilot -- seems that Airwolf was programmed
in BASIC.  ugh!
--
-- Bryan Ewbank, 312/979-4296, !ihnp4!ihlpl!bde,
   ih 6M-523 / AT&T Bell Labs / Naperville, IL  60566