[net.rec] ultimate

wjnz@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (James Cooper) (03/09/86)

Hey! Anyone out there play Ultimate Frisbee??

--

     James Cooper        -  get horizontal -

    Usenet: ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!wjnz
    Bitnet: wjnz%sphinx@UChicago

ins_adlk@jhunix.UUCP (Dr. Leonard McCoy) (03/12/86)

> Hey! Anyone out there play Ultimate Frisbee??
>

>      James Cooper        -  get horizontal -

Yes I do...I love it.  Ultimate combines frisbee with football.
It is fastmoving and fun.  It also keeps you in shape!

dnj@linus.UUCP (Dave Juitt) (03/14/86)

Yoww, Ultimate.  The season turns to spring and my thoughts turn
to goin' ho'.  Spin dat disc, fling that bee, tomahawk, MTA, 1-2-3!

I just don't know what the net can add.

Anybody planning any tourneys on the east coast?  Boston?
How about getting together a net.pickup.game.

And to think they rmgrouped net.rec.disc.
-----								    -----
Dave Juitt				These times they are a'changin',
						And I'm feeling left behind.
UUCP: ..linus!security!dnj     		Everybody's running,
ARPA:  dnj@mitre-bedford		Trying to catch up with their lives...

johnm@mako.UUCP (John McClintic) (03/20/86)

In article <522@bdmrrr.UUCP> rudy@bdmrrr.UUCP writes:

>> Hey! Anyone out there play Ultimate Frisbee??
>>

> Yes!  How about a cross-country game? :)

Yup! Out here in the Pacific Northwest we be knowin bout Ultimate.
In fact here at Tektronix we host, on a weekly basis, challenge
matches with other companies in the local area.

Aside from the weekly turnouts, there are a number of local teams
that I've had a chance to play with or against.  They are:

The Slugs, Corvalis Oregon.
The FunHogs, Portland Oregon.
The Law Boys, Lewis and Clark College. ( My Team )
Sky Piolts, Seattle Washington.
Dark Star, Eugene Oregon.
Seven Guys from Moe, Portland Oregon
Mentor Noodles, Mentor Graphics Inc, Beaverton Oregon
The Tools, Somewhere on the eastside of Portland
Not to mention a host of womens teams.

How about this! Would anybody care to discuss any of the following?

What makes a frisbee disk float?
Disc Aerodynamics in Forward Flight?
Disc air drag? i.e., skin friction drag, pressure drag, induced drag.
What makes a disk turnover in flight?

John McClintic