[net.music] Performers of the Following Song

tonti@ptsfc.UUCP (Guy Tonti) (11/13/85)

Any help in contributing this answer would be appreciated, as it is
racking my brain, and numerous brains around me.

Who did the song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun?"

davida@umd5.UUCP (11/14/85)

> Any help in contributing this answer would be appreciated, as it is
> racking my brain, and numerous brains around me.
>
> Who did the song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun?"

This was done by somebody named Julie Brown, and is on an
album which contains (I believe) 5 songs, including "I Like
'em Big and Stupid" (or something like that).  The entire
album is sung from a valley-girl-ish perspective.

--
David Arnold
University of Maryland

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (11/15/85)

> Any help in contributing this answer would be appreciated, as it is
> racking my brain, and numerous brains around me.
>
> Who did the song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun?"

Julie Brown

                   -- Walt Tucker

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (11/18/85)

In article <463@ptsfc.UUCP> tonti@ptsfc.UUCP (Guy Tonti) writes:
>Any help in contributing this answer would be appreciated, as it is
>racking my brain, and numerous brains around me.
>
>Who did the song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun?"

Julie Brown.  I think the name of the album is "Millionaress in Training".

She was a standup comedian here in LA and then decided to do some funny songs.
Another song off of the album is "Earth Girls are Easy" (from the point
of view of an ET).
--
                  Al Schwartz
                  Pacesetter Systems, Inc.,  Sylmar, CA

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger Klorese) (12/10/85)

In article <864@psivax.UUCP> al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) writes:
>In article <463@ptsfc.UUCP> tonti@ptsfc.UUCP (Guy Tonti) writes:
>>Any help in contributing this answer would be appreciated, as it is
>>racking my brain, and numerous brains around me.
>>
>>Who did the song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun?"
>
>Julie Brown.  I think the name of the album is "Millionaress in Training".

"Goddess in Progress", actually.
--
 ... "What were you expecting, rock'n'roll?"

Roger B.A. Klorese
Celerity Computing, 40 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, (617) 872-1772
UUCP: seismo!harvard!bu-cs!celtics!roger
ARPA: celtics!roger@bu-cs.ARPA