	Date: Sunday, April 24, 1983 11:35PM
	From: Chuck Restivo (The Moderator) <PROLOG-REQUEST@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
	Subject: PROLOG Digest   V1 #1
	To: PROLOG@SU-SCORE.ARPA

PROLOG Digest            Monday, 25 Apr 1983        Volume 1 : Issue 1

Today's Topics:
                   Admistrivia - Welcome to PROLOG!

Date: Sun 24 Apr 83 23:26:39-PDT
From: Chuck Restivo (The Moderator) <CSD.Restivo@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
Subject: Welcome!

Welcome to the Prolog and logic programming mailing lists!  In this
first mailing we basically cover administrivia related to this
interest group.

The actual machinery for the mailing list has been installed at SCORE
by Mike Peeler and Chuck Restivo.  MDP's help has been invaluable.
Fernando Pereira and Chuck will both be responsible for the editorial
work.

Some of the people that answered the initial bboard message stated
that they would be interested in general Prolog and logic programming
information, but not in the nitty-gritty details of Prolog systems and
their bugs.  Therefore, we have decided to setup two mailing lists,
PROLOG and PROLOG-HACKERS: PROLOG will provide a digest of articles of
general interest; PROLOG-HACKERS will provide a direct mailing for the
nasty stuff.  Finally, PROLOG-REQUEST should be used for distribution
requests.  In a nutshell

        Mail to                 for
        -------                 ---
        PROLOG@SCORE            sending articles of general interest
        PROLOG-HACKERS@SCORE    sending articles of limited interest
        PROLOG-REQUEST@SCORE    getting in and out of the mailing
                                lists and other bureaucracy

At the moment, everyone that replied to the bboard announcement is in
the PROLOG list.  If you want to be in PROLOG-HACKERS as well, send in
a request.

Please do not send the same message to PROLOG and PROLOG-HACKERS.  We
will move messages between lists if appropriate.

An archive of the USEnet prolog interest group interchange can be
FTP'd from SCORE using standard anonymous login convention.  The
pathname is

              [SU-SCORE]PS:<PROLOG>UPIG.ARCHIVE

We intend to continue distributing net.lang.prolog articles, but of
course we hope the main source of material will be YOU, the people in
this list.

Looking forward to your contributions,

Fernando Pereira
Chuck Restivo

[ PS: Forthcoming attraction: the Prolog and logic programming
bibliography I have collected in the last 6 years.  - FP ]

End of PROLOG Digest
-------