[net.taxes] Scam ??

hansen (05/10/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Tue, 10-May-83 10:22:09 EDT

Can anyone advise as to whether interest may be collected on returns filed
on April 15, or whether the interest must be collected by filing a return
which overstates your taxable income, and then later filing an amended
return?

For these purposes, when does the excess amount paid start returning
interest?  If I must pay these taxes during '83, and wait till April 15 to
start getting interest, it takes an extra three-four months before I'd break
even w.r.t. current interest rates.

Aren't these interest rates also going down?

Craig Hansen
HP Labs