[net.taxes] EARMARKED TAXES

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (11/02/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.taxes
>From : GOLD::DZEKEVICH
SUBJ: EARMARKED TAXES

Jogging my memory, I remember something from the tax section of this
weeks Wall Street Journal about a couple including a protest with their
taxes.  They didn't want their tax money spent of military ventures.
The IRS levied an automatic fine of some sort, and the case goes to court
to test it out.  I guess the IRS could levy the fine, even though the taxes
are paid, on some old regulatory law, that was never inforced before.
Is there any more info out there on this?

Thanks,
Joe Dzekevich
Digital Equip.
GOLD::DZEKEVICH

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!gold!dzekevich

 End Forwarded Message