[net.micro.atari] Atari ST availability

steve@kontron.UUCP (Steve McIntosh) (05/31/85)

Not a Rumor

In hopes of locating  an Atari  dealer here  in the  LA area,  so that I
could  get on  a waiting  list (or  something) I  contacted Atari's West
Coast distributer, Blatt inc.

I was told that although they have had many inquiries from dealers, they
have  not  taken  orders.    This is  because they  do not  yet have the
official price and availability information from Atari.

They expect to have this information and  start taking  orders after the
CES show  is over.   It  seems that  although Atari  is not  going to be
exhibiting  at  the  show  itself,  they  will  be  there  meeting  with
distributers.

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (05/31/85)

In article <187@kontron.UUCP> steve@kontron.UUCP (Steve McIntosh) writes:
>They expect to have this information and  start taking  orders after the
>CES show  is over.   It  seems that  although Atari  is not  going to be
>exhibiting  at  the  show  itself,  they  will  be  there  meeting  with
>distributers.

here in the great white north, we expect to be picking up our
ST's either today or monday.  i will be testing one at a friend's
home next week some time.  they definitely are not vaporware.
i have also seen GEM for the PC in action.  it's quite nice, but a
mouse is essential.  i hope it runts at least as well on the ST.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!water!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
NETNORTH, BITNET, EARN: herbie@watdcs, herbie@watdcsu