[net.micro.atari] Chameleon Terminal Emulator

jjv3345@ritcv.UUCP (06/12/85)

I can't get ANY of the terminal emulation modes to work with U*IX. Strangely,
VT52 works fine on VMS. Even something as simple as the "clear" command
refuses to work. Has anyone else suffered similar problems? Any solutions?

	ritcv!jjv3345
	Jeff Van Epps

turner@saber.UUCP (Jim Turner) (06/15/85)

> I can't get ANY of the terminal emulation modes to work with U*IX. Strangely

The new Chamelon available from Antic has a VT52xl terminal emulator and the
corresponding TERMCAP entry in the supplied documentation. If you want I
will send you the TERMCAP entry but I don't know if it will work with the
old Chamelon.
--
			god bless Lily St. Cyr
			 -Rocky Horror Picture Show

Name:	James Turner
Mail:	Saber Technology, 2381 Bering Drive, San Jose, California 95131
AT&T:	(408) 945-9600 x75
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!saber!turner
	...{amd,ihnp4,ittvax}!saber!turner

rgb@nsc-pdc.UUCP (Robert Bond) (06/18/85)

In article <8783@ritcv.UUCP> jjv3345@ritcv.UUCP writes:
>I can't get ANY of the terminal emulation modes to work with U*IX. Strangely,
>VT52 works fine on VMS. Even something as simple as the "clear" command
>refuses to work. Has anyone else suffered similar problems? Any solutions?

The cursor control sequences appear to be decoded before the incoming parity
is stripped.  If your tty driver lets you send eight bit chars, you
can use Chameleon.  I found that setting and then clearing litout on our 4.2 vax
seems to switch  to into no parity mode. (I know. Its a bug, not a feature.)
Does anyone out there have 8 bit mode mods for 4.2?

--
    Robert Bond 			nsc!nsc-pdc!rgb
    National Semiconductor		tektronix!reed!nsc-pdc!rgb

comstock@tymix.UUCP (Dave Comstock) (06/22/85)

I encountered the same problem with the VT-52 emulation mode of Chameleon.
As I recall, the solution (obtained by trial and error) is to set the second
parity field in the menu to ODD (the default for both parities is NONE).

I have used my Atari 800 to dial-in to our VAX 750 a dozen times, and the
Chameleon package works perfectly, even with tricky editors like Jove!

		David Comstock		Tymnet, Inc.

The opinions expressed above are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of my current employer, Tymnet, or my former employer, ATARI.