[net.micro.atari] 520ST and Multi-tasking

kek@mgweed.UUCP (Kit Kimes) (08/28/85)

I just received the latest (October) issue of ANTIC.  I'll submit my
usual table of contents shortly but I wanted to share this information
with those interested in the 520ST discussion.

According to an article in the 520ST section, the Dragon Group has just
released a product called 4xFORTH.  It's twice as fast as MacForth and
it's capable of multi-tasking and multi-user functions.  ANTIC will
have a full review in the November issue.  Looks like ST owners won't
have to feel like poor cousins to other 68000 based machines.

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T Information Systems
					Montgomery Works
					Montgomery, Il. 60538-0305
					..!ihnp4!mgweed!kek

mff@wuphys.UUCP (Swamp Thing) (08/29/85)

In article <19978@mgweed.UUCP> kek@mgweed.UUCP (Kit Kimes) writes:
>I just received the latest (October) issue of ANTIC.
>
>According to an article in the 520ST section, the Dragon Group has just
>released a product called 4xFORTH.  It's twice as fast as MacForth and
>it's capable of multi-tasking and multi-user functions.  ANTIC will
>have a full review in the November issue.  Looks like ST owners won't
>have to feel like poor cousins to other 68000 based machines.

Well, I don't want to get involved in the Amiga-ST wars, but you'll be happy to
know that, if true, then the ST has just caught up with the Timex-Sinclair
1000, at least as far as having a multi-tasking Forth is concerned.  I doubt if
there's a computer on the market that doesn't have one.  (Boy, talk about
asking for it.  No doubt there is, and I'll soon hear about it, ad nauseum)

						Mark F. Flynn
						Department of Physics
						Washington University
						St. Louis, MO  63130
						ihnp4!wuphys!mff

"There is no dark side of the moon, really.
 Matter of fact, it's all dark."

				P. Floyd