[net.micro.atari] Where to post ST sources...

russ@omsi.UUCP (Russell Schwartz) (08/21/85)

	I was curious if people were able to handle sources for ST programs
posted in net.micro.atari instead of trying to sort through all the other
stuff in net.sources.  And it shouldn't be too hard to jump over the article
if you don't want the listing.  What do the rest of you think?

			Russell Schwartz
			tektronix!reed!omsi

[The brain the size of a planet and they want me to park cars!]

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor) (08/24/85)

In article <211215471985@omsi.UUCP> russ@omsi.UUCP (Russell Schwartz) writes:

>	I was curious if people were able to handle sources for ST programs
>posted in net.micro.atari instead of trying to sort through all the other
>stuff in net.sources.  And it shouldn't be too hard to jump over the article
>if you don't want the listing.  What do the rest of you think?

Sounds like a good idea to me... It's not as if we are flooded with ST
sources right now.... :-)

Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor

--
Steve Tynor
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!tynor

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/29/85)

> 	I was curious if people were able to handle sources for ST programs
> posted in net.micro.atari instead of trying to sort through all the other
> stuff in net.sources.  And it shouldn't be too hard to jump over the article
> if you don't want the listing.  What do the rest of you think?

Objection, your honor. Many sites archive net.sources.* but no other groups.
Net.sources frequently gets preferential treatment by expire. Net.micro.*
gets no such privilege. Post here at your own risk.
--
	Peter (Made in Australia) da Silva
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter

rb@ccivax.UUCP (rex ballard) (09/17/85)

> > 	I was curious if people were able to handle sources for ST programs
> > posted in net.micro.atari instead of trying to sort through all the other
> > stuff in net.sources.  And it shouldn't be too hard to jump over the article
> > if you don't want the listing.  What do the rest of you think?
>
> Objection, your honor. Many sites archive net.sources.* but no other groups.
> Net.sources frequently gets preferential treatment by expire. Net.micro.*
> gets no such privilege. Post here at your own risk.
> --
> 	Peter (Made in Australia) da Silva
> 		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter
> 		MCI: PDASILVA; CIS: 70216,1076

Unfortunately, many sites also restrict accessability.  (Developers doing
System 5 work can get in trouble for reading net.sources).  Other problems
include security of calling out (got a phone # to SIMTEL-20?).

The explanation for this was that source posted to net.sources was public
only to berknet users.  How public are net.sources?

Some Sites, (Europe...) don't get them at all.

Post here and include net.sources in the newsgroups.

Shall we vote?

sah9577@ritcv.UUCP (Scott A. Hossler) (09/19/85)

>  ... How public are net.sources?

	Not Here, unless of course you are the super-user.

scott hossler

simon@mcvax.UUCP (Simon Kenyon) (09/25/85)

europe does get net.sources
--