like Scott Preece (preece@ccvaxa.UUCP)

From: preece@ccvaxa.UUCP:
> ... One would think that Apple's best shot at penetrating
> the business market might have been to get DRI to license the exact
> Mac interface.  Then in six months, with a significant number of
> PCs running GEM, the Apple marketing people could have come to
> corporate accounts saying "Look, your people already know how to use
> our interface.  Why not slip our 68000 behind it -- smaller footprint,
> higher resolution screen, and a cheap network for department-wide
> laser sharing."

Apple could have its cake (or pie?) and eat it too.
Again, what Apple lacks in brains they attempt to make up with agression.
====
PS:The usual disclaimers about employers, and such apply here too.
   (I know of at least one guy who lost his login privileges at Maryland
    for flaming at DEC. Of course, he was really working for TRW, just
    happened to postnews from his old login name, courtesy umcp-cs...)
--
Gyorgy Fekete --- University of MD, Computer Vision Lab, (301) 454-4526

gyuri@cvl.{ARPA,CSNet}

...seismo  \
...allegra +--  !umcp-cs!cvl!gyuri.UUCP
...brl-bmd /