[net.micro.atari] buggy CPU chips?

gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore) (10/30/85)

In article <1584@hammer.UUCP>, coryb@hammer.UUCP (Cory Barker) writes:
>     Yes, the 32000 series does have a few minor bugs left in current
> revisions, however I would not refer to them as buggy.  The 68020 on
> the other hand...

(He must have left the ... because he didn't know the answer.  Here it is:)

Motorola tells me that the bug list on the 68010 is zip, null,
zero -- and after working with it for years, I believe it.  It's a
production chip.

After close to a year of work with 68020's, the last bug list I saw
(August) had three or four things, all minor, and I have every
confidence that these will be gone within a few months (if not
already).  None of these affects user code or compilers.

Let me hear you say the same things about National's chips...after canceling
a whole product line because they didn't work.

PS:  Not to run down National; they make great jellybean chips, and their
PALs are OK.