[net.micro.atari] PC/PDP/et al.

D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (11/06/85)

I stand corrected as to "programmed" vs. "personal".
May i offer a suggestion that we at least mitigate some of the effect of
itty bitty machine's usurpation of the term PC by referring in our written
correspondence to the generic as "pc"?			der
-------

gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore) (11/07/85)

In article <8511061614.AA09772@ucb-vax.berkeley.edu>, D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA writes:
>                                           mitigate some of the effect of
> itty bitty machine's usurpation of the term PC by referring in our written
> correspondence to the generic as "pc"?			der

Nobody will notice.  The best idea I've seen is from Hugh Daniel, who
calls them "IBM Feces".

Can we go back to talking about atari computers?