jdg@husky.uucp (Jeff Gortatowsky) (11/22/85)

   From: billj@rocksvax.UUCP (Bill Jeffers)
   Newsgroups: net.micro.atari
   Date: Wed, 20-Nov-85 13:05:06 EST

   (munch)

      Well I bought a pair of Shugart 1002's (5 mb) and a controller card from the
   local surplus outlet to hook up to my cpm computer. Then I was wondering, if
   I got another controller card I could hook 1 up to the cpm (xerox 820-II) and
   1 to the ST. Well I dug through all the old news and there doesn't seem to be
>   enough information there to do it. Has anyone figured out how to make the
>   (fasi?) port on the ST compatable with a normal hard disk controller?
>   (sasi? scsi?) Has anyone succeded in attaching a hard disk to the ST?
>
>  All information will be appreciated. I have the two prior messages from this
>   newsgroup concerning hard disk hookup.

>				   Thanks in advance
>
>					   Billj

Although I know how much everyone hates those 'I want to know too'
massages, I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HOOKED UP THEIR HARD
DISK TO AN ST. (sorry)  I really do want to know. If you had a 42meg
ST-506 type drive lying around you also would want to know. So thats
the reason I'm posting this. If you can shed any light on the st's DMA
port and the need circuitry to get a 506 type drive working on it
WE (I) would be gratful. Send mail. I summarize to the net. Thanks.

Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!husky!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company  {eagle,astrovax,netword!}sun!sunrise!husky!jdg

These comments are mine alone and not Eastman Kodak's or anyone else's
at/in this relative space and time.