[net.micro.atari] Atariwriter +

wrd@tekigm2.UUCP (Bill Dippert) (11/14/85)

Has anyone seen Atariwriter + in any comuter (or other) stores yet?

Am anxiously awaiting it, no one locally seems to have any idea when it will
show up, suposedly Atari has been shipping it to distributers and is filling up
the pipeline.

c50-2fl@ucbseymour.BERKELEY.EDU (Atariz) (11/26/85)

In article <265@tekigm2.UUCP> wrd@tekigm2.UUCP (Bill Dippert) writes:
>Has anyone seen Atariwriter + in any comuter (or other) stores yet?
>
>Am anxiously awaiting it, no one locally seems to have any idea when it will
>show up, suposedly Atari has been shipping it to distributers and is filling up
>the pipeline.

I've seen AtariWriter + at B&c ComputerVisions and San Jose Computers.
It retails for $49.95 and comes in a white manila-like white envelope
with black bold letters.

					Will Hom
					ucbvax!ucbseymour!c50-2fl

DYOUNG@USC-ISID.ARPA (C. David Young) (11/26/85)

I have not seen Atariwriter + yet but I have talked to people who have
used it. They say it does not compare favorably with Paperclip, which people
generally rave about. One redeeming feature, however, appears to be the
spelling checker which will work with any DOS compatible text file.
AT least this is what people tell me. To me this is all moot anyway
since I am an 80 column snob.
David Young
-------