[net.micro.atari] 850 Interface module needed

Hewitt.Wbst@XEROX.ARPA (Bob Hewitt) (01/08/86)

A friend of mine is looking for an 850 interface module.  Anyone have an
extra they will part with??

Bob

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (01/10/86)

In article <860108-064146-4557@Xerox> Hewitt.Wbst@XEROX.ARPA (Bob Hewitt) writes:
>A friend of mine is looking for an 850 interface module.  Anyone have an
>extra they will part with??

   No, but I've been looking for one for awhile, and am finding it extremely
difficult (and for those of you who have seen them advertised in Atari
mags, I've called them all: no dice).  However, it looks like there may be
an alternative sometime (soon?).  In the inside back cover of the December '85
Analog Computing, there's an ad from ICD, Inc. for what they call the
P:R:Connection.  It reportedly is totally compatible with software for the
850, and can be used with all 8-bit Atari machines.  I called them
mid-November, got the retail price ($79.95), confirmed that it would work
with a 1200XL, and was told it would start shipping to retailers Dec. 15.
I also called them December 15, when they stated that it would be out by
mid-January.  I plan on calling them once more in a week or so.  If it's not
out, I'll let 'em know they lost a potential customer.
  If you want to get the scoop yourself, or want to encourage them to get the
thing out the door (if they haven't already), they are:

   ICD, Inc.
   1220 Rock Street, Suite 310
   Rockford, IL 61101-1437
   815/229-2999

--
 - Joel ({allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster)

info-atari@ucbvax.UUCP (01/11/86)

I don't have an 850 inteface, but if he needs it for just serial communication,
then there is a fairly inexpensive alternative. He can buy RVERTER. It
lets you talk at 300 or 1200 baud, works with most modems and comes with
the communications program on disk. I use it and recommend it highly.
The cost is about $40 from mailorder(look in the back of magazines).
It does not provide a parallel interface though.

info-atari@ucbvax.UUCP (01/13/86)

For the Centronics parallel port, there is another interface available which
sells for $89.95 at The Bit Bucket, West Newton, MA.  I dunno the name of the
manufacturer but can find out if necessary.  Phone at The Bit Bucket is
(617) 964-3080 and incidentally they stock (yes stock) both the Amiga and
the Atari 520ST (as well as 800XL and 130XE and a whole PILE of software).

						John Sangster
						jhs at mitre-bedford.arpa

rb@mtuxn.UUCP (R.BOTWIN) (01/29/86)

[]
850 Interface available from CSC Hightstown, NJ (609) 448-8889.
In stock....$109 plus shipping.