[net.micro.atari] File I/O in TDI Modula-2

terrell@OHIO-STATE.CSNET (Eric Terrell) (01/28/86)

How does one open a disk file for reading with TDI Modula-2?

I have tried to get OpenInputFile in the InOut module with
unsuccessful results.

If anyone has this compiler, please let me know how you have
gotten disk files to work.

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor) (01/30/86)

In article <8601291811.AA23787@ucbvax.berkeley.edu> terrell@OHIO-STATE.CSNET (Eric Terrell) writes:

>How does one open a disk file for reading with TDI Modula-2?
>
>I have tried to get OpenInputFile in the InOut module with
>unsuccessful results.
>
>If anyone has this compiler, please let me know how you have
>gotten disk files to work.

I've used both OpenInput (from InOut) and OpenStream (from Streams) without
a hitch... never tried OpenInputFile...

No problem is so formidable that you can't just walk away from it.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor

mark@dmcnh.UUCP (Mark Roddy) (02/03/86)

> How does one open a disk file for reading with TDI Modula-2?
>
> I have tried to get OpenInputFile in the InOut module with
> unsuccessful results.

I've used streams with no problem:

	OpenStream(handle,"foobar.doc",READ,reply);

	However, the same thing done with the printer acts weirdly:

		OpenStream(handle,"PRN:",READWRITE,reply);
		(* reply is -3 - "unknown command" *)

Having posted a glowing review of TDI Modula-2, I am now starting to find
a few bugs. When I have a complete list, I will post a follow-up.