[net.micro.atari] Public Domain Word Processing

camis..ajb@MITRE.ARPA (02/04/86)

In my appeals to the net for sources of public domain word processors, only
one has appeared, namely Speedscript which apparently was published in 1985
in Compute Magazine. Aside from typing it in or sending $12.95 to Compute
does anyone know of any other way to get it ? Is it available on Compuserve
or for that matter any other bulletin board ?

Please reply to ajb@mitre

				Alan J. Broder

geoffs@brl-smoke.ARPA (Geoffrey Sauerborn ) (02/07/86)

In article <8602041616.AA07336@mitre.ARPA> camis..ajb@MITRE.ARPA writes:

>In my appeals to the net for sources of public domain word processors, only
>one has appeared, namely Speedscript

 	Speedscript is definitely NOT public domain. It is copyrighted by
COMPUTE! If you want to legally own a copy, first you must own an issue
of COMPUTE! in which Speedscript was published. Then (so you don't have
to type it in or pay $12 for a disk) find a friend who already has a
copy and copy it.
					geoff sauerborn (geoffs@brl.arpa)
(* - Speedscript IS a registered trademark of COMPUTE! publications)
--
The German Chancellor