[net.micro.atari] misrouted postings

D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (02/11/86)

>10-Feb-86 15:24:48-PDT,1345;000000000001
>From: ulysses!seismo!rochester!ritcv!ixl9261@ucbvax.berkeley.edu (D)
>To: ulysses!info-atari
>Subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT
>Newsgroups: net.micro.atari
>
>I am not one of the 'cretins' etc., but I think that the reason that
>they post the requests to the newsgroup is that they can't figure out
>how to mail the notes to the ATARI-INFO-REQUEST. Most of these people
>are probably fairly new to the USENET. Why don't you publish an article
>on how to find out the path to the ATARI-INFO-REQUEST.

I really don't know why i should do this except that there is no justice
in this mortal world; those who are right not only have to pay their own
way, but that of those who are wrong, too (e.g. it costs more to keep
Charlie Manson in free room and board than i make each year).  It would
seem to me that anyone who knows enough to get on the list at all, should
be able to get the correct information the same way that i did.
Nevertheless, here it is, quoted from the info-atari mail archives...

Date: Tue 28 Jan 86 19:09:36-PST
Subject: Announcing INFO-ATARI8 and INFO-ATARI16

Direct contact with INFO-ATARI@SU-SCORE will change as follows: Two
new lists have been created INFO-ATARI8 and INFO-ATARI16.  They are
both copies of the original INFO-ATARI. Please send a message to
INFO-ATARI-REQUEST@SU-SCORE for additions and removals from either
list. Presently, INFO-ATARI will point to INFO-ATARI8; eventually it
will be removed.

There is a mirror between ARPANET/DDN mail as described above and the
Usenet news group net.micro.atari.  We are working on getting it
replaced by net.micro.atari8 and net.micro.atari16.

If there are similar mirrors to other
bulletin boards and information systems, their administrators should
send mail at once so they can continue to receive messages.

++FLAME ON++
The question is: have you even *TRIED* using net.micro.atari16?
++FLAME OFF++
			der
	"...of course my opinion differs from 'most everyone else!  If it
 were the same, i'd probably have to change it, lest i remain in error."

-------