[net.micro.atari] --- INFO-ATARI-REQUEST

nep.pgelhausen@AMES-VMSB.ARPA (02/11/86)

The other day I found this in my mail box.  As I recall it was
to the wrong lists.  If my memory is deficient in recalling what
the reply was to, please forgive the following rant.

> From: ulysses!seismo!rochester!ritcv!ixl9261@ucbvax.berkeley.edu (D)
>

> I am not one of the 'cretins' etc., but I think that the reason that
> they post the requests to the newsgroup is that they can't figure out
> how to mail the notes to the ATARI-INFO-REQUEST. Most of these people
> are probably fairly new to the USENET. Why don't you publish an article
> on how to find out the path to the ATARI-INFO-REQUEST.

>>> FLAME ON <<<

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!  MESSAGES SHOULD >>>ONLY<<< BE SENT TO
INFO-ATARI-REQUEST TO ADD/DROP NAMES FROM THE DISTRIBUTION
LIST!

These folks are NOT there to do your sorting for you!

Send to INFO-ATARI8 or INFO-ATARI16 as appropriate for the
msg you are posting, but do NOT send a message to INFO-ATARI-REQUEST
UNLESS it is to the MAINTAINERS of this distribution list,
rather than for general distribution.

If I where the maintainers of this list, I would refuse
to re-post any messages sent to the INFO-ATARI-REQUEST
address.

>>> FLAME OFF <<<

			-Richard Hartman
			max.hartman@ames-vmsb
------

preece@ccvaxa.UUCP (02/12/86)

> The other day I found this in my mail box.  As I recall it was in reply
> to people cross-posting items for the 8 & 16 bit machines to the wrong
> lists.  If my memory is deficient in recalling what the reply was to,
> please forgive the following rant.  /* Written  6:58 pm  Feb 10, 1986
> by nep.pgelhausen@AMES-VMSB.ARPA in ccvaxa:net.micro.atari */
>
> > I am not one of the 'cretins' etc., but I think that the reason that
> > they post the requests to the newsgroup is that they can't figure out
> > how to mail the notes to the ATARI-INFO-REQUEST. Most of these people
> > are probably fairly new to the USENET. Why don't you publish an article
> > on how to find out the path to the ATARI-INFO-REQUEST.
>
> NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!  MESSAGES SHOULD >>>ONLY<<< BE SENT TO
> INFO-ATARI-REQUEST TO ADD/DROP NAMES FROM THE DISTRIBUTION
> LIST!
flame people when you're only guessing what they're talking about,
even when you have the sense to acknowledge in advance that you
might be wrong...

--
scott preece
gould/csd - urbana