[net.micro.atari] Help

88362744%sdcc13@SDCSVAX.UCSD.EDU (02/03/86)

hello,
	i am a student at ucsd and i enjoy roaming the net.  my particular est is in the atari(since i own one).  for a long time now i have seen ref-
erences to 'info-atari' or 'subscribe' etc.  now i have no idead what all thiss
stuff is, but am interested.  i know how to readnews and postnewss, but
anything beyond that i have not learned.  i would appreciate any help you
can offer.
					thank you very much
					sincerely
					scott weisman
					sdcc13!88362744

jmg@cernvax.UUCP (02/05/86)

In article <8602030229.AA19672@sdcc13.ARPA> info-atari@ucbvax.UUCP writes:
>hello,
>	i am a student at ucsd and i enjoy roaming the net.  my particular est is in the atari(since i own one).  for a long time now i have seen ref-
>erences to 'info-atari' or 'subscribe' etc.  now i have no idead what all thiss
>stuff is, but am interested.  i know how to readnews and postnewss, but
>anything beyond that i have not learned.  i would appreciate any help you
>can offer.

Perhaps you, and a lot of other people also, could start by:-
1. Learning to spell
2. Learning to type, or at least to use an editor.

(Once upon a time I started to compile a list of the most common
spelling errors. However, it depressed me so much that I soon gave up.
Note that I have not even asked that people write proper English/American)

Knott@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (02/20/86)

GTE or AT&T had an ad offering a deal for $25.00 that would permit
almost unlimited connect to bboards throughout the nation at other that
peak hours.  Does anyone know anything about who to call (numbers).

Also, are there public domain archives for software available on the
net?

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

(Knott at Dockmaster)