[net.micro.atari] OS/9 for 520 ST

ref0070@ritcv.UUCP (Robert E. Fortin) (02/19/86)

I just read in the March issue of Analog that the  OS/9 operating
system *is* being adapted to run on the ST. They didn't mention
the name of the company though. Also they reinforce my opinion
that almost all of the software HIPPO puts out is rushed and that
you should check out your other options before buying their inferior
software :-)> ( This opinion doesn't apply to their hardware, as I
have no information on it ).

Bob

{allegra decvax siesmo}!rochester!ritcv!ref0070

jmg@cernvax.UUCP (jmg) (02/21/86)

In article <9369@ritcv.UUCP> ref0070@ritcv.UUCP (Bob Fortin) writes:
>I just read in the March issue of Analog that the  OS/9 operating
>system *is* being adapted to run on the ST. They didn't mention
>the name of the company though. Also they reinforce my opinion
>that almost all of the software HIPPO puts out is rushed and that
>you should check out your other options before buying their inferior
>software :-)> ( This opinion doesn't apply to their hardware, as I
>have no information on it ).

I don't get access to the US Atari mags (sniff sniff boo hoo), so any
continued information on if/when/whether OS/9 will be available is
always nice.

What I did get two days ago is an offer of the Lattice C-compiler.
Has anyone any experience on whether this is better than the Hippo one?
I have seen the Whetstone figures for the Atari, but do not know which
compiler they used.