[net.micro.atari] Where Can I Find An Atari Touch Tablet?

kevin@voder.UUCP (The Last Bugfighter) (02/13/86)

   Does anyone know of a mail-order place that carries the Atari Touch
Tablet?  I believe it's part number CX77.  I've called a number of places
that advertise in ANTIC and ANALOG magazines and have been unable to find
one.  Any info would be appreciated.

---
Kevin Thompson   {ucbvax,ihnp4!nsc}!voder!kevin

"It's a sort of threat, you see.  I've never been very good at them
  myself but I'm told they can be very effective."

rb@mtuxn.UUCP (R.BOTWIN) (02/15/86)

[]
Atari touch tablet (and 850!!) available from Computer Systems Consultants
Hightstown, NJ   (609) 448-8888.

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (02/17/86)

In article <1027@voder.UUCP>, kevin@voder.UUCP (The Last Bugfighter) writes:

>    Does anyone know of a mail-order place that carries the Atari Touch
> Tablet?  I believe it's part number CX77.  I've called a number of places
> that advertise in ANTIC and ANALOG magazines and have been unable to find
> one.  Any info would be appreciated.

Atari Bonanza, a mail order program from Atari Corp., is selling the touch
tablets direct from the Atari warehouse.  The price is $44.99.  Send to:

Atari Bonanza, Dept. X3
PO Box 3427
Sunnyvale, CA 94088

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.  Price includes shipping & handling.
California residents add 6.5% sales tax.

jhs@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (02/18/86)

Is the touch tablet the keypad-like thing that is used with some versions of
Star Raiders on the video game machines?  I bought two copies of Star Raiders
for a game machine I do not own because they contained these keypads and were
selling for $1.99 each on a closeout.  I think it was at Child World or
Toyland or some such place in Chestnut Hill Mall here in the Boston area.
I figured that the joystick port connector alone was worth that much, and I
was getting a keypad and a ROM containing the code for Star Raiders "to boot"
(so to speak).  (Does anybody need Star Raiders for a 2600?)

If you can determine that this is the gadget you want, I would be amenable
to dropping by this store to see if they still have any more of the gadgets,
and I MIGHT be induced to part with one of the two I got in December, if
additional copies are not available.

Oh, by the way, you also get an "Atari Force" comic book for your $1.99!

						-John Sangster
						 jhs at mitre-bedford.arpa

info-atari@ucbvax.UUCP (02/21/86)

In answer to your question, "is an Atari touch tablet on of those
keypad things...":  No.  It is the same sort of thing as a Koala
Pad:  a device which, when compatible software is used, allows
one to 'draw' with a finger/stylus on the pad, and the drawing
shows up on the screen (and can be saved to disk, etc.)

						Nick DiMasi  {:-{)>