[net.social] Whats Going On

micci@nvuxg.UUCP (D M Dennee) (12/31/85)

>>...the fact that women look for men like their fathers...
> Wouldn't be surprising if, in fact, women seek men that remind them
> of their fathers.

What about those women who never grew up with their "real" fathers
(i.e, a stepfather or no father at all)?  Who do they seek?  If they
have older brothers that they looked up to, might they not seek men
like them?  I've had this pointed out to me, where I was praising my
older brother who I look up to and admire (as well as love) greatly.
The man I was speaking to asked if maybe I was looking for someone
just like my brother and as I thought about it, I can see that maybe
I am.

About the 70% of married men that fool around, the statistics sound
right to me, but I wonder how many married women also fool around?
I suspect that the number may not be quite as large, but quite large
enough.

* Micci Dennee
** Bell Communications Research
*** Red Bank, NJ  07701-7020
**** ...nvuxg!micci
*******************************

michaelm@3comvax.UUCP (Michael McNeil) (01/03/86)

In article <248@nvuxg.UUCP> micci@nvuxg.UUCP (D M Dennee) writes:
>About the 70% of married men that fool around, the statistics sound
>right to me, but I wonder how many married women also fool around?
>I suspect that the number may not be quite as large, but quite large
>enough.
>
>* Micci Dennee

I agree with you; I also suspect that the proportion of men vs. women
may vary considerably culturally.  I've read of surveys revealing, for
example, that *97%* of married French women have an affair sometime
during their marriage.  It sounds incredible, but is, apparently, true.

--

Michael McNeil
3Com Corporation     "All disclaimers including this one apply"

	I know perfectly well that at this moment the whole universe
	is listening to us -- and that every word we say echoes to
	the remotest star.
		Jean Giraudoux, *The Madwoman of Chaillot*

booter@l5.uucp (Elaine Richards) (01/04/86)

I find it amazing that 100 percent of the folks reading this net
are tossing about statistics re: infidelity and parenthood like
they were ballpark stats. REALLY!!!!!

"Does it require penetration?" Aw c'mon!

Jimmy Carter lusted in his mind and fatherhood never played a factor.
Does motherhood curtail randy thoughts. Nahhh. People are horny, folks.
SO THERE!

Now that we have established a basic truth, lets talk about other stuff.
How about those Cubbies? Think they got a chance at the pennant again?

*****