[net.social] .signature lines

booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) (07/16/86)

I need a little constructive advice. Do you folks think this .signature
line is a little *too* garish?

    /\       /\
   /  \wwwww/  \
   n     |||    n   		   replies to {seiswo,ihnp4}!lll-crg!booter
  w      \\\     w					*OR*
 w  _____   ____ w      wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww    {lll-lcc,lll-crg}!csuh!booter
 w         |     w wwww  xx   xx  xx    x  wwww
 w        __    w xx   xx     xx  xx   xx   xx w
 w   ( ...| ...)            xx   xx  xx    x    www
  w    (     )   x         xx  xx   x    xx       xwww
 w                         x  x     wwwwwwwww        ww
 w                        x       www   xx    ww      w
 w           w    w      x     www     xx        ww    w
 w    wx   w      wxx        ww       xx            w    w
 w    wx   x    xw          ww         xx            ww  w
 |wwwwwwww     x w           ww          xx              w
 (((_        wwwww.....wwwwwwwwwww                     x w
 x______)))        ((((                              x  w
 xxxxx   xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx
 xxxxx   xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  xx  x

coyle@sjuvax.UUCP (J. Coyle) (07/17/86)

In article <3692@lll-crg.ARpA> booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) writes:
>I need a little constructive advice. Do you folks think this .signature
>line is a little *too* garish?

[..proceeds to print a rather good facsimile of a cat on the screen...]

Not too garish, but too slow on 300-baud 8^}
Please respond through the net, 'cause I rarely read my mail.
Also, too poor to aford a faster modem.  (Gee, I'm glad this isn't net.pun)

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and has been known to cause cancer
in laboratory rats.

			--Alexander Pope and the Surgeon General's Office

Joseph A. Coyle, Jr.
School: St. Joseph's U.			Home: 2866 S. 15th St.
	5600 City Ave.			      Phila., Pa. 19145
	Phila., Pa. 19131

{{ihnp4,ucbvax}!allegra, {psuvax1,sdcrdcf}!burdvax, astrovax}!sjuvax!coyle