[net.sport.football] week 9 computer picks

kovalsky@spp2.UUCP (10/30/84)

>From: richl@daemon.UUCP (Rick Lindsley)
>Top Ten:
> 1. Raiders              (2)
> 2. Miami                (3)
> 3. Washington           (1)
> 4. San Francisco        (4)
> 5. Seattle              (5)
> 6. Denver               (6)
> 7. Dallas               (7)
> 8. St Louis             (9)
> 9. Rams                 (11)
>10. Jets                 (12)

>Picks:
>Detroit by 4 over Green Bay	(GB 41  Det 9)
>Raiders by 7 over Denver	(Den 22 LA 19)
>Washington by 30 over Giants   (NYG 37 Wash 13)

How can this computer put the Raiders at #1 with 2 losses? Washington at #3
with 4 losses? Something must have gotten into this computer's circuits.

Miami is by far the class of the league - they have lead by at least 18 points
in EVERY game this season! Average margin of victory has been 20.1 points!
Only the Raiders on Dec. 2 will have a chance to stop Miami from a perfect
season...but I doubt it. This is a team that rivals the Dolphin teams of
the early 70's - with an even BETTER offense than Griese, Csonka, Warfield,
et al. Marino is performing incredibly - on a pace to throw 48 TD passes in
one season! That's a career for most QB's!

The top teams in the league in my opinion are Miami, San Francisco, Denver,
St. Louis and maybe the Raiders.
-----
Bruce Kovalsky
..sdcrdcf!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (11/08/84)

> The top teams in the league in my opinion are Miami, San Francisco, Denver,
> St. Louis and maybe the Raiders.

We'll see. Look for the long-awaited bay area superbowl: 49ers vs raiders
at Stanford.

St. Louis?????
--
Richard Mateosian