[net.sport.football] Denver's luck runs out

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (12/07/84)

In article <340@hercules.UUCP> archiel@hercules.UUCP (Archie Lachner) writes:

>Enjoy it while you can, Seattle fans.  The Silver and Black are comin' back
>to "get yeh."  Pray that Miami or Denver knocks them off for you, but with
>Denver dying on the vine and the results of last Sunday's Raiders-Dolphins
>game, you'd better pray real hard!

Remember, no one ever got rich betting against the Raiders, but somehow,
year after year, they manage to convince the wishful thinkers that they're
the underdogs.  I'm amazed when I recall how many people were willing to
give me their money last year, and I didn't even have to give points to
get them to bet on Washington in the Super Bowl.
--
Richard Mateosian
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA