[net.sport.football] Seahawks Eat Crow or Just Who Were Those Guys Anyway?!

erik@ssc-vax.UUCP (Erik Strom) (12/10/84)

   Allright!! Who's the wiseguy? Someone kidnapped the Hawks in KC
 this weekend and replaced them with the Indianopolis Dolts.

   I don't know what happened, except that the Hawks were outplayed,
 trounced, and throughly beaten this weekend by a Chiefs team that
 was determined to show that they can play like last year. Bill
 Kenney's return from the walking wounded was enough to spur the
 Chiefs to an impressive payback for the 45-0 pasting delivered by
 the Hawks earlier in the season. There is still nothing lost though,
 the Hawks and the Broncos always knew that it would come down to
 the last game of the season.

   Now whose side would you like to be on? The side of the Broncos who
 squeaked by with another awesome 16-13 win on another Karlis field
 goal or the side of the Seahawks who were just humiliated and return
 to the friendly confines of the Kingdome? What was that? I couldn't
 hear you, it seems to be a little loud in here!!!

 From the lair of the (thoroughly confused) Big E    Erik
						     !uw-beaver!ssc-vax!erik

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (12/11/84)

In article <256@ssc-vax.UUCP> erik@ssc-vax.UUCP (Erik Strom) writes:

>   Now whose side would you like to be on? The side of the Broncos who
> squeaked by with another awesome 16-13 win on another Karlis field
> goal or the side of the Seahawks who were just humiliated and return
> to the friendly confines of the Kingdome?

Looks like the Broncos and the Seahawks have both peaked too early (so
what else is new).  Meanwhile, the Raiders are back.  Plunkett got in a
little playing time Monday (fumbled a snap, missed a handoff, then threw
a 73-yard touchdown pass).  He'll be ready for the playoffs after next
Sunday's Pittsburgh game.  Remember, the Raiders were 6-0 before he was
injured, and their second-string QB, Marc Wilson, played most of the
subsequent games with an injured throwing hand.  Wilson is good, but
Plunkett's experience will be the key to playoff success.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  The Raider-49er superbowl
is finally here, and nobody ever got rich betting against the Raiders.
--
Richard Mateosian
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA

archiel@hercules.UUCP (Archie Lachner) (12/14/84)

All right, you Seahawk fans.  It's time to get down on your knees and say
your prayers.  Pray for Seattle to beat Denver (a 50-50 proposition) or
the Raiders to lose to Pittsburgh (not very likely).  Otherwise, prepare
for an away game in Smogville.

Remember what I said about the Silver and Black "comin' to get yeh?"  Well,
the 'Hawks just might be walking to their own funeral.

Funny how these things tend to work out, isn't it?
--

				Archie Lachner
				Logic Design Systems Division

uucp:    {ucbvax,decvax,pur-ee,cbosg,ihnss}!tektronix!teklds!archiel
CSnet:   archiel@tek
ARPAnet: archiel.tek@csnet-relay