[net.sport.football] SPORT Top 20 & Second 20

pannell@dosadi.DEC (Roger D. Pannell 229-6893 LTN1-1/D03) (08/07/85)

	SPORT MAGAZINE TOP 20

1.  MARYLAND		11.  ARIZONA STATE
2.  OKLAHOMA		12.  IOWA
3.  SMU			13.  SOUTH CAROLINA
4.  ILLINOIS		14.  WASHINGTON
5.  FLORIDA		15.  BOSTON COLLEGE
6.  OKLAHOMA STATE	16.  ARKANSAS
7.  USC			17.  TENNESSEE
8.  AUBURN		18.  NEBRASKA
9.  NOTRE DAME		19.  UCLA
10. BYU			20.  MIAMI (FLA.)

		SECOND 20

21.  OHIO ST.		31.  HOUSTON
22.  ALABAMA		32.  SYRACUSE
23.  FLORIDA STATE	33.  MICHIGAN STATE
24.  CLEMSON		34.  MISSOURI
25.  LSU		35.  TEXAS A&M
26.  VIRGINIA		36.  MICHIGAN
27.  GEORGIA TECH	37.  PENN STATE
28.  TCU		38.  WASHINGTON STATE
29.  GEORGIA		39.  RUTGERS
30.  PITTSBURGH		40.  NAVY

TOP CONFERENCES

1.  BIG 10
2.  SEC
3.  SWC
4.  PAC-10
5.  INDEPENDENTS
6.  BIG EIGHT
7.  ACC
8.  WAC
9.  IVY LEAGUE

rjv@ihdev.UUCP (ron vaughn) (08/09/85)

In article <3491@decwrl.UUCP> pannell@dosadi.DEC (Roger D. Pannell  229-6893  LTN1-1/D03) writes:

>	SPORT MAGAZINE TOP 20
>
>1.  MARYLAND		11.  ARIZONA STATE
>2.  OKLAHOMA		12.  IOWA
>3.  SMU		13.  SOUTH CAROLINA
>4.  ILLINOIS		14.  WASHINGTON
>5.  FLORIDA		15.  BOSTON COLLEGE
>6.  OKLAHOMA STATE	16.  ARKANSAS
>7.  USC		17.  TENNESSEE
>8.  AUBURN		18.  NEBRASKA
>9.  NOTRE DAME		19.  UCLA
>10. BYU		20.  MIAMI (FLA.)
>
>TOP CONFERENCES
>
>1.  BIG 10
>2.  SEC
>3.  SWC
>4.  PAC-10
>5.  INDEPENDENTS
>6.  BIG EIGHT
>7.  ACC
>8.  WAC
>9.  IVY LEAGUE

the big-8 has two teams in the top 10 in this pole, three in the
top 20, yet is ranked eighth in conferences listings??  this is
a crock.  someone rush out and find the stats on "each conferences
total winning percentage when playing teams outside their conference."
i think the big-8 will be a tad higher than sixth.  first? second??

	boomer sooner,

	ron vaughn	...!ihnp4!ihdev!rjv

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (08/16/85)

> the big-8 has two teams in the top 10 in this pole, three in the
> top 20, yet is ranked eighth in conferences listings??  this is
> a crock.  someone rush out and find the stats on "each conferences
> total winning percentage when playing teams outside their conference."
> i think the big-8 will be a tad higher than sixth.  first? second??

   You forgot, the Colorado Buffalos and the Iowa State Cyclones are also
in the Big 8! Which reminds me: any other candidates for the "Bottom 20"
this year? :-)

--Greg
--
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!noao | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!noao}
       		        !hao!woods

CSNET: woods@NCAR  ARPA: woods%ncar@CSNET-RELAY

"Comes a time, when a blind man takes your hand, says don't you see..."

shari@rosevax.UUCP (Shari Nelson) (08/27/85)