[net.sport.football] LA Faiders

maxg@tekig4.UUCP (Max Guernsey) (09/14/85)

Weren't the Chiefs great.  They hung in there, got two or three nice calls
and tromped the shit out of the Raiders.  WOW!

I'll bet the farm they take there 1St loss to the Seahawks. (That means
they'll go 2-0 against the Faiders!  Can they beat the Raiders at home?)

maxg@tekig4

--
signature.

In article <250@tekig4.UUCP> maxg@tekig4.UUCP (Max Guernsey) writes:
>I'll bet the farm they take there 1St loss to the Seahawks. (That means
                             ^^^^^
Please make that "their", thank  you.

maxg@tekig4

--
signature.

stevev@tekchips.UUCP (Steve Vegdahl) (09/16/85)

> Weren't the Chiefs great.  They hung in there, got two or three nice calls
> and tromped the shit out of the Raiders.  WOW!
>
> I'll bet the farm they take their 1St loss to the Seahawks. (That means
> they'll go 2-0 against the Faiders!  Can they beat the Raiders at home?)

As a Raider fan, I was certainly not happy about the Raider-Chief game.
Although they committed their quota of disastrous turnovers (and maybe
a few more) in that game.  What really concerned me was the Chief's
ability to control the Raider pass rush (which is allegedly one of their
strong points).

		Steve Vegdahl
		Computer Research Lab.
		Tektronix, Inc.
		Beaverton, Oregon

"Oh, for a quarterback who would hold the ball with TWO hands when he
scrambles."

mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) (09/18/85)

> > Weren't the Chiefs great.  They hung in there, got two or three nice calls
> > and tromped the shit out of the Raiders.  WOW!
> >
> > I'll bet the farm they take their 1St loss to the Seahawks. (That means
> > they'll go 2-0 against the Faiders!  Can they beat the Raiders at home?)
>
> As a Raider fan, I was certainly not happy about the Raider-Chief game.
> Although they committed their quota of disastrous turnovers (and maybe
> a few more) in that game.  What really concerned me was the Chief's
> ability to control the Raider pass rush (which is allegedly one of their
> strong points).
>
> 		Steve Vegdahl

I thought that the one high-point for the Raiders during this game was
their pass rush.  For most of the night they were pressuring Kenney, hitting
him just as he released the ball.  You're right, though, that the Raiders
weren't able to sack Kenney as many times as they'd like.  I really admire
Kenney for standing in there and throwing the ball in the midst of the
pressure...he did a hell of a job!

Mike Clifford