[net.sport.football] College games for 9/14

45223wc@mtuxo.UUCP (w.cambre) (09/14/85)

Here's the college games this weekend, taken from an AP article.

        Teams					Oddsmakers favorites

#1 Auburn vs. Southern Mississippi		Auburn by 21
#3 Florida vs. Rutgers				Florida by 20
#4 Iowa vs. Drake				Iowa by infinity
#8 Oklahoma State vs. N. Texas State		Oklahoma S. by 20.5
#9 Ohio State vs. Pittsburg			Ohio State by 7.5
#10 UCLA at Tennessee				Tennessee by 2.5
#11 Penn State vs. Temple			Penn State by 10
#12 LSU at North Carolina			LSU by 6.5
#13 Notre Dame at Michigan			Notre Dame by 2.5
#14 Arkansas at Mississippi			Arkansas by 4.5
#16 BYU vs. Washington				BYU by 4
#17 Maryland at Boston College			Maryland by 5.5
#19 Illinois vs. Southern Illinois		Illinois by infinity - 1
#20 Alabama vs. Texas A&M			Alabama by 7.5

  The oddsmakers expect only UCLA to lose, everyone else in the AP
top 20 will win.  The AP sportswriter says Pitt will beat Ohio State,
North Carolina will beat LSU, Michigan will beat Notre Dame and
B.C. will beat Maryland as well as Tennessee beating UCLA.

   - Go Gators!

rjv@ihdev.UUCP (ron vaughn) (09/14/85)

>#16 BYU vs. Washington				BYU by 4

say good-bye!  this is the last time you'll se BYU in the top 20
for a while...  i predict BYU will lose this one and never be
heard from again.  then again, i predicted a nebraska whipping over
florida state, so what do i know...

	boomer sooner,

	ron vaughn	...!ihnp4!ihdev!rjv

kotter@muscat.UUCP (Rich Kotter) (09/16/85)

> >#16 BYU vs. Washington				BYU by 4
>

> say good-bye!  this is the last time you'll se BYU in the top 20
> for a while...  i predict BYU will lose this one and never be
> heard from again.  then again, i predicted a nebraska whipping over
> florida state, so what do i know...
>
> 	boomer sooner,
>
> 	ron vaughn	...!ihnp4!ihdev!rjv

A bit of a hasty prediction, I'd say...

	Final Result: BYU 31  -  Washington 3

Not only did they do it, they did it all (four touchdowns) on the ground,
showing how versatile they really are.

--

					Rich Kotter
					DEC Portland Oregon

craig@bmcg.UUCP (Craig Harvey) (09/23/85)

In article <315@ihdev.UUCP> rjv@ihdev.UUCP (55224-R. J. Vaughn) writes:
>>#16 BYU vs. Washington				BYU by 4
>

>say good-bye!  this is the last time you'll se BYU in the top 20
>for a while...  i predict BYU will lose this one and never be
>heard from again.  then again, i predicted a nebraska whipping over
>florida state, so what do i know...
>
>	boomer sooner,
>
>	ron vaughn	...!ihnp4!ihdev!rjv

>...so what do i know...

Apparently not as much as you had thought.  31-3 BYU doesn't sound as though
BYU lost and will never be heard from again.  I predict that BYU will win the
rest of their games and will be heard from alot...especially around bowl time.
Stick with UPI.