[net.sport.football] Price drops on Gerry Faust's house...

rsk@pucc-k (Wombat) (10/03/85)

Notre Dame's quarterbacks are sacked 6 times...Pinkett runs 45 yards on
21 carries...Notre Dame experiments with 10, then 12 men on the field...

Purdue gains 368 yards in the air...Boilermaker backs Carter and
Wallace pick up yardage with Irish hanging on to their arms, legs,
facemasks...Everett throws 27 of 49...

...and the Century 21 agents in South Bend are *very* busy.

Notre Who?
--
Rich Kulawiec	rsk@pur-ee.uucp rsk@purdue.uucp rsk@purdue-asc.arpa

shari@rosevax.UUCP (Shari Nelson) (10/07/85)

> Notre Dame's quarterbacks are sacked 6 times...Pinkett runs 45 yards on
> 21 carries...Notre Dame experiments with 10, then 12 men on the field...
>
> Purdue gains 368 yards in the air...Boilermaker backs Carter and
> Wallace pick up yardage with Irish hanging on to their arms, legs,
> facemasks...Everett throws 27 of 49...
>
> ...and the Century 21 agents in South Bend are *very* busy.
>
> Notre Who?
> --
> Rich Kulawiec	rsk@pur-ee.uucp rsk@purdue.uucp rsk@purdue-asc.arpa

 Rickey Foggie goes 7 for 7 and gets 275 yards... Gary Couch gets 3
 receptions for 175 yards... Everett gets sacked and sacked and sacked...
 Purdue misses both extra point tries... Final score Minnesota 45 Purdue 15...

  Pur - WHO???

 shari nelson                   !ihnp4!rosevax!shari

rsk@pucc-k (Wombat) (10/11/85)

In article <216@rosevax.UUCP> shari@rosevax.UUCP (Shari Nelson) writes:
> Rickey Foggie goes 7 for 7 and gets 275 yards... Gary Couch gets 3
> receptions for 175 yards... Everett gets sacked and sacked and sacked...
> Purdue misses both extra point tries... Final score Minnesota 45 Purdue 15...
>
>  Pur - WHO???
>
> shari nelson                   !ihnp4!rosevax!shari

...and we are all very embarassed about this...and very glad that we don't
have to play anyone else this year who runs a wishbone attack.  We just plain
got whomped; and Foggie was very impressive.  However, I don't think Leon
Burtnett (Purdue head coach) will be phoning the real estate office just yet.

However, let me shed a little light on the philosophy of Purdue football:

Relative Importance
of Game (100 scale)	Opponent
--------------------------------
 	1		Non-conference team, pre-season
	5		Conference team, big ten season
	25		Non-conference team, post-season (i.e. bowl)
	100		Notre Dame

So, you see, except for getting around to polishing IU's 5 and N record off,
(IU is 5-0 so far, but hasn't played anyone of any consequence yet...and
must play all Big Ten teams except Northwestern, whom they already beat)
nothing much else matters...our season may already be considered an
unqualified success on the basis of our humiliation of Notre Dame.
--
Rich Kulawiec	rsk@pur-ee.uucp rsk@purdue.uucp rsk@purdue-asc.arpa