[net.sport.football] Denver Broncos v San Diego Chargers

mas@drutx.UUCP (Mike Schwarz) (11/08/85)

I address all the Charger fans in the country.  I believe(and know) that the
Broncos game against the Chargers was a total fluke.  Joe Collier was ill and
Dan Reeves thought he would see if Sammy was better from the flu, but
it WAS just an off game.  When the showdown is over the Broncos will repeat
last season's record of 13-3, blowing San Diego out of Mile High Stadium in the
process.

The 49er's are in at Mile High Stadium this Monday to be humiliated by the
Broncos on National TV.  Please Lord, let Namith and Simpson come down with a
bad case of laryngitis and can talk.  I see the Bears are doing a number on the
league, a Bronco/Bear Super Bowl is brewing, I feel it swelling in the force.

Go Broncos

Mike Schwarz

P.S.

Anybody remember San Diego's Dan Fouts before Don Correyl can to San Diego?
Poor at best.

I like to consider the possiblities.

ccs007@ucdavis.UUCP (0058) (11/11/85)

> I address all the Charger fans in the country.  I believe(and know) that the
> Broncos game against the Chargers was a total fluke.  Joe Collier was ill and
> Dan Reeves thought he would see if Sammy was better from the flu, but
> it WAS just an off game.  When the showdown is over the Broncos will repeat
> last season's record of 13-3, blowing San Diego out of Mile High Stadium in the
> process.
>
> The 49er's are in at Mile High Stadium this Monday to be humiliated by the
> Broncos on National TV.  Please Lord, let Namith and Simpson come down with a
> bad case of laryngitis and can talk.  I see the Bears are doing a number on the
> league, a Bronco/Bear Super Bowl is brewing, I feel it swelling in the force.
>
> Go Broncos
>
> Mike Schwarz
>
> P.S.
>
> Anybody remember San Diego's Dan Fouts before Don Correyl can to San Diego?
> Poor at best.

> I like to consider the possiblities.

Mike...Don't bet on it.  I hate to see a fool lose his money.

If Montana plays: San Francisco, 38-24
If Cavanaugh plays: San Francisco, 27-20

I sure hope so, at any rate.  I hate to eat my own words.

Gary Huckabay.
send flames to dev/null.

As for San Diego...a team doomed to be 9-7 or so forever.

...ucbvax!ucdavis!deneb!ccs007

ins_adlk@jhunix.UUCP (Darren Lee Kadish) (11/11/85)

> I address all the Charger fans in the country.  I believe(and know) that the
> Broncos game against the Chargers was a total fluke.  Joe Collier was ill and
> Dan Reeves thought he would see if Sammy was better from the flu, but
> it WAS just an off game.  When the showdown is over the Broncos will repeat
> last season's record of 13-3, blowing San Diego out of Mile High Stadium in the
> process.
> The 49er's are in at Mile High Stadium this Monday to be humiliated by the
> Broncos on National TV.  Please Lord, let Namith and Simpson come down with a
> bad case of laryngitis and can talk.  I see the Bears are doing a number on the
> league, a Bronco/Bear Super Bowl is brewing, I feel it swelling in the force.
>
> Go Broncos
>
> Mike Schwarz

 Keep Dreaming! The Broncos are not up to the task of winning the AFC west.
After the 49ers smash them this evening, they will be 6-4, and tied with the Raiders and the Seahawks...I don't
know how observent you are but look at the last two Seahawks scores....33-3
vs. the Raiders, and 27-3 against the Saints...Seattle is on a roll...
The Broncos will have to improve thier consistency if they want to win.
Elway above all could use some lessons in concentration.
   As for the Chargers, well, the signing of Gary Anderson says it all...
The Chargers appear to be a rejuvenated team...I seriously doubt that the
Broncos can overcome the Charger scoring machine if Fouts is healthy.
--
Darren Kadish

jimmy@scgvaxd.UUCP (The Kahuna Finn) (11/11/85)

In article <507@drutx.UUCP> mas@drutx.UUCP (Mike Schwarz) writes:

>I address all the Charger fans in the country.  I believe(and know) that the
>Broncos game against the Chargers was a total fluke.  Joe Collier was ill and
>Dan Reeves thought he would see if Sammy was better from the flu, but
>it WAS just an off game.  When the showdown is over the Broncos will repeat
>last season's record of 13-3, blowing San Diego out of Mile High Stadium in the
>process.
>Go Broncos
>Mike Schwarz

Sounds like you might be a Bronco's fan?

>Anybody remember San Diego's Dan Fouts before Don Correyl can to San Diego?
>Poor at best.                                     Coryell

That statement says a lot for both men!!  Even a great quarterback (and
Dan Fouts IS A GREAT quarterback) cannot carry a team that is not as
talented as the other teams.  Don Coryell is a good coach.  His offensive
strategies are the best in the game.  The Chargers are definitely an
exciting team to watch!  Look at how he's added a new dimension to
the running game by having a wishbone-type option run with his running
backs!  Now the opponents defense can't just defend the pass!!
We'll see if your Mr. Elway (who is a good QB) will stand up to the
greatness of Dan Fouts in the future.  You just cannot deny Fout's
talent when you look at his career stats!  He's leading the active
QBs in many categories and he's up there with the All-time leaders.

Jim Raisanen

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (11/12/85)

> I address all the Charger fans in the country.  I believe(and know) that the
> Broncos game against the Chargers was a total fluke.  Joe Collier was ill and
> Dan Reeves thought he would see if Sammy was better from the flu, but it WAS
> just an off game.  When the showdown is over the Broncos will repeat last
> season's record of 13-3, blowing San Diego out of Mile High Stadium in the
> process.

Sure Sure Sure.......

> The 49er's are in at Mile High Stadium this Monday to be humiliated by the
> Broncos on National TV.  Please Lord, let Namith and Simpson come down with a
> bad case of laryngitis and can talk. I see the Bears are doing a number on the
> league, a Bronco/Bear Super Bowl is brewing, I feel it swelling in the force.

I see a XXXX/Bears Super Bowl (replace XXXX with your favorite team - Denver)

> Anybody remember San Diego's Dan Fouts before Don Correyl can to San Diego?
> Poor at best.

Yes I do remember Fouts back then. He was always good, but his receivers
couldn't catch a ping pong ball in a fishing net. You can throw all day
long but if nobody catches it, you ain't got no stats |-).

GO CHARGERS_________-----CRUSH THE ORANGE.

gates@bdmrrr.UUCP (Al Gates) (11/12/85)

> > The 49er's are in at Mile High Stadium this Monday to be humiliated by the
> > Broncos on National TV.  Please Lord, let Namith and Simpson come down with a
> > Go Broncos
> >
> > Mike Schwarz
> >
>  Keep Dreaming! The Broncos are not up to the task of winning the AFC west.
> After the 49ers smash them this evening, they will be 6-4, and tied with the Raiders and the Seahawks...I don't . . .
> --
> Darren Kadish

Denver 17  San Francisco 16

If you play good defense, you can beat anybody.

--

Al Gates
BDM Corporation       ^   ^   ^   ^   {seismo,rlgvax}!bdmrrr!gates

jon@altos86.UUCP (Jonathan Stern) (11/13/85)

In article <507@drutx.UUCP> mas@drutx.UUCP (Mike Schwarz) writes:

>I address all the Charger fans in the country.  I believe(and know) that the
>Broncos game against the Chargers was a total fluke.  Joe Collier was ill and
>Dan Reeves thought he would see if Sammy was better from the flu, but
>it WAS just an off game.  When the showdown is over the Broncos will repeat
>last season's record of 13-3, blowing San Diego out of Mile High Stadium in the
>process.
Don Coryell and the Chargers have revolutionized offensive football in this
decade.  Note that both Super Bowl teams last year used what is basically
the Coryell offense.  But for the offense to function  the Chargers require
exceptional athletes in the skill positions.  For several years the Chargers
had these athletes and consistently finished ahead of the more poorly coached
teams such as Denver.
	Injuries and poor ownership decimated the Chargers over the past
couple of years.  Finally however the Chargers are healthy with Fouts, Winslow
Joiner and Chandler all active.  New owner Alex Spanos has spent money in
acquiring players from the USFL.  There is even some sort of defensive
proficiency developing (though true-blooded Charger fans wouldn't admit it)

It's not a fluke the Charger's are back... talk to you Monday.

>Go Broncos

Jonathan Stern

P.S -- Real Football players don't catch the flu.

nielsen@hplabsc.UUCP (Walter Nielsen) (11/17/85)

> > > The 49er's are in at Mile High Stadium this Monday to be humiliated by the
> > > Broncos on National TV.  Please Lord, let Namith and Simpson come down with a
> > > Go Broncos
> > >
> > > Mike Schwarz
> > >
> >  Keep Dreaming! The Broncos are not up to the task of winning the AFC west.
> > After the 49ers smash them this evening, they will be 6-4, and tied with the Raiders and the Seahawks...I don't . . .
> > --
> > Darren Kadish
>
> Denver 17  San Francisco 16
>
> If you play good defense, you can beat anybody.

Otherwise have the fans throw a snowball or two at crucial points in the
game !!

.walter