[net.sport.football] Pro Bowl gripe/Superbowl prediction & Shuffle

rsk@pucc-j (Wombat) (12/19/85)

Okay, so the Bears finally got eight guys on the team...that's good, and
considering the awesome brand of football they've been playing this season,
it's certainly appropriate.  However......what sort of mush-for-brains
voters managed to have Randy White starting with Steve McMichael as a
second-stringer?  And by the way, where's Gary Fencik?  Mumble grumble...

The Bears will meet Miami in The Big One, and will defeat the embodiment
of evil in the modern world by several touchdowns; Marino will be TKO'd
in the second quarter by Mike Singletary and Richard Dent.

BTW, if you haven't heard the Bears' "Super Bowl Shuffle"...tune in to
WLS (AM 890, 50kwatts clear channel) and wait for it...
--
Rich Kulawiec pur-ee!rsk purdue-!rsk rsk@purdue-asc.arpa rsk@asc.purdue.edu

ables@mcc-db2.UUCP (King Ables) (12/23/85)

I thought you said they'd play Miami, not Pittsburg or Washington  :-)

> BTW, if you haven't heard the Bears' "Super Bowl Shuffle"...tune in to
> WLS (AM 890, 50kwatts clear channel) and wait for it...

Ok, first, I'll admit, I'm a Cowboy fan... always have been... always
will be.  However, even after the Bears stomped us, I didn't hate them
(it usually takes a couple of stompings for that to happen :-) ).  I've never
been a big fan of Mike Ditka, but I've always liked the Bears.  I was even
willing to pull for them to win the Super Bowl (assuming the Cowboys didn't
wake up, that is :-)  ).  But after watching the dirty play today against
Detroit, I am now an official Bear-hater.  Some of the hits they gave them
reminded me of the Oakland Raiders of old, who I also learned to hate.  And
this game didn't even mean anything, if it had been important, I might have
been a LITTLE forgiving.  That helmet into the Lion QB in the 1st QTR was too
much.  If (when?) the Cowboys bow out early, I may even pull for the *gulp*
Giants or Redskins.  But deep down, I know that it's going to take quite a
game from somebody to keep the Bears out of the Super Bowl.

Bear fans: don't take this personally, I imagine there are a few of you (and
others) who hate the Cowboys for as little or even less (for just being the
Cowboys).  Oh, what prompted this uncivilized outburst?  The mention of the
"Super Bowl Shuffle."  I heard it for the first time about 2 weeks ago and
thought I was going to puke.  That ranks right up there with the old song
the Oilers used to play ("Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers
number one!".... remember that one?).  As Bill The Cat so aptly put it...
"Ack!"

I'll bet GSH is glad he didn't live to see this video.

-King
ARPA: ables@mcc
UUCP: {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!mcc-db2!ables

I have to admit, I *did* like that little two-step Perry did when he
picked up that fumble today.... probably ought to look for my flame-proof
jacket, anyway, though.

rastaman@ihdev.UUCP (Sid Bryozoan) (01/02/86)

In article <365@mcc-db2.UUCP> ables@mcc-db2.UUCP (King Ables) writes:

>But after watching the dirty play today against
>Detroit, I am now an official Bear-hater.  Some of the hits they gave them
>reminded me of the Oakland Raiders of old, who I also learned to hate.  And
>this game didn't even mean anything, if it had been important, I might have
>been a LITTLE forgiving.  That helmet into the Lion QB in the 1st QTR was too
>much.

That hit got Wilbur a $2000 fine.  Replays showed that he lowered
his helmet just before hitting the guy, but no flags were thrown.
I really don't think you can compare the Bears with that motorcycle
gang from Oakland, er... L.A.

pete@umcp-cs.UUCP (Pete Cottrell) (01/03/86)

>> The Bears will meet Miami in The Big One, and will defeat the embodiment
>> of evil in the modern world by several touchdowns...
>
>I thought you said they'd play Miami, not Pittsburg or Washington  :-)
>							^^^^^^^^^^

Huh?

>Ok, first, I'll admit, I'm a Cowboy fan...

Oh, that explains it. As a Skins' fan, I was faced with having to root
for the Cowboys against the 49ers so Washington could get into the
playoffs. I had to take the same approach Joe Gibbs did: root against
the 49ers instead of for the Cowboys. Alas, you can't count on the
'Boys for anything. It was bad enough losing to them twice this season,
but they really got to twist the knife by losing to San Fran. I am resigned
to relishing their coming playoff defeat; I don't think they are near as
good a team as they have been in the past, and have shown it by getting
blown away not once but twice this year. I'm not a Giant fan, but I could
find myself rooting for them without too much difficulty; I doubt Dallas
could make it past the Bears or the Giants (maybe the Rams, but here's
hoping ;-) ).

Enjoy the playoffs!
--
Call-Me:   Pete Cottrell, Univ. of Md. Comp. Sci. Dept.
UUCP:	   seismo!umcp-cs!pete