[net.sport.football] Darth Raiders

jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) (12/10/85)

Somebody know of any quarterbacks for sale?  Jeez, Marc Wilson is
just godawful.  I just don't understand Al Davis, ... why is he
waiting so long to pick up a QB?  He should realize that Plunkett's
return won't be much of an improvement, not at age n+38.
The Raiders should have had an easier time of beating the Orange
Crushed last Sunday, despite Wilson's best efforts.
It was still fun watching Elway and Co. go sputtering ... :-)
Next on the list:  the Seahawks WITHOUT their N+ screaming fans.
The Raiders should win this one, unless Wilson throws 6 interceptions
and fumbles 4.

jsl@princeton

muth@amdahl.UUCP (John A. Muth) (12/18/85)

<>

> Somebody know of any quarterbacks for sale?  Jeez, Marc Wilson is
> just godawful.

I hear you. I've been wondering for 3 years now why the Raiders
have kept Wilson.

On the other hand, the Raiders are 11-2 this year with Wilson starting.
For the last few games he seems to be connecting on the bomb more
frequently. I think he is getting better (he couldn't have gotten much
worse). As I recall, Ken Stabler looked pretty godawful when he first
started for the Raiders. Luckily, George Blanda was sitting on the bench
at the time just waiting to pull off a miracle after Stabler had blown
the game.

I think keeping Wilson around is Al Davis' way of keeping the NFL
interesting. A real quarterback combined with Marcus Allen  would
make the NFL a pretty boring place (unless you're a Raiders fan).

John Muth
--
John A. Muth           ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,sun,nsc}!amdahl!muth

jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) (12/19/85)

> frequently. I think he is getting better (he couldn't have gotten much
> worse). As I recall, Ken Stabler looked pretty godawful when he first

Unfortunately, how true!

> I think keeping Wilson around is Al Davis' way of keeping the NFL
> interesting. A real quarterback combined with Marcus Allen  would
> make the NFL a pretty boring place (unless you're a Raiders fan).

Again, this is true.  But I would love to see the Raiders pound
some sense into the Broncos and Seahawks, both of whom think they
are good teams... :-) to /dev/null.

jsl@princeton

hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) (01/01/86)

In article <1186@princeton.UUCP> jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) writes:
>> frequently. I think he is getting better (he couldn't have gotten much
>> worse). As I recall, Ken Stabler looked pretty godawful when he first
>>
>Unfortunately, how true!
>
>> I think keeping Wilson around is Al Davis' way of keeping the NFL
>> interesting. A real quarterback combined with Marcus Allen  would
>> make the NFL a pretty boring place (unless you're a Raiders fan).
>>
>Again, this is true.  But I would love to see the Raiders pound
>some sense into the Broncos and Seahawks, both of whom think they
>are good teams... :-) to /dev/null.
>
>jsl@princeton

ARE ALL RAIDER FANS AIRHEADS? YECH!

	Hank Buurman     Tektronix Inc.    ihnp4!tektronix!dadlac!hankb
	Reporter: "Coach, would you comment on your team's execution?"
	Coach John Wooden, Tampa Bay:   "I'm in favor of it"

greg@ncr-sd.UUCP (Greg Noel) (01/02/86)

In article <1454@teklds.UUCP> hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) writes:

>ARE ALL RAIDER FANS AIRHEADS? YECH!

I have season tickets for the Charger games in San Diego.  It so happens
that my seats are near the block that is given to the opposing team to sell,
so I have a first-hand answer to this question.

The Raider fans are, by far, the worst.  They are inevitably drunken,
obscene boors, with no redeeming social graces.  If the Raiders win, they
taunt the nearby San Diego fans and pick fights to show how macho they are.
If the Raiders lose, they pick fights out of frustration.  I have never
seen them be gracious, either in victory or defeat.  I don't know if they
are all airheads -- some of them may well have hidden intelligence -- but
all those I have met are uniformly Yahoos.
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Rancho Bernardo    Greg@ncr-sd.UUCP or Greg@nosc.ARPA

jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) (01/02/86)

> ARE ALL RAIDER FANS AIRHEADS? YECH!
>

> 	Hank Buurman     Tektronix Inc.    ihnp4!tektronix!dadlac!hankb
> 	~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 	Reporter: "Coach, would you comment on your team's execution?"
> 	Coach John Wooden, Tampa Bay:   "I'm in favor of it"
> 	~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are just mad because you are a Seahawks fan.  Otherwise, be more
specific.

Superbowl prediction:  Bears 27     Raiders 10

hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) (01/06/86)

In article <1193@princeton.UUCP> jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) writes:
>> ARE ALL RAIDER FANS AIRHEADS? YECH!

>You are just mad because you are a Seahawks fan.  Otherwise, be more
>specific.
>
>Superbowl prediction:  Bears 27     Raiders 10

	HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh god, I love it. PATS 27 LA FADERS 20.