[net.sport.football] Dallas Cowboys

texas@bucsb.UUCP (Scott J. Smith) (12/18/85)

	I have only been reading .football for a few months and I was
	a little suprised that nothing has been said about the
	return of the Dallas Cowboys (why waste time talking about
	the Broncos, Giants ...  just kidding).  The saying that a good
	defense will win games was never proved better than Sunday
	against the Giants.  Yes, I know that Cin. and the Bears
	blew them out, but this is the annual "Cowboy Midseason Slump"
	a little later in the year.

	Well, I can hardly wait for the rematch with the Bears in the
	NFC championship game!  Go Raiders over Rams (Dallas then hosts
	first playoff game after they win)!

	Scott Smith  -  A Texan invading the North

ins_asac@jhunix.UUCP (Stephan Alexa Cooper) (12/20/85)

In article <126@bucsb.UUCP> texas@bucsb.UUCP (Scott J. Smith) writes:

>	I have only been reading .football for a few months and I was
>	a little suprised that nothing has been said about the
>	return of the Dallas Cowboys
>	Well, I can hardly wait for the rematch with the Bears in the
>	NFC championship game!  Go Raiders over Rams (Dallas then hosts
>	first playoff game after they win)!

You've got to be kidding.
Dallas is in no position to stop the Bears this year.
Look logically, and the Bears are going to be the NFC's
representative in the Super Bowl   The AFC is harder to pcik, however...
Besids, although the Bears need work on their deep passing game,
their defense is very capable of clamping down on Dallas (as already proved
slump or no slump... if Dallas hadn't been slumping, then the game
would have been 22-0 Bears).  Sorry, it's the Bears.
--

             Steve Cooper
 Johns Hopkins University

mykes@3comvax.UUCP (Mike Schwartz) (12/28/85)

In article <126@bucsb.UUCP> texas@bucsb.UUCP (Scott J. Smith) writes:

>	I have only been reading .football for a few months and I was
>	a little suprised that nothing has been said about the
>	return of the Dallas Cowboys (why waste time talking about
>	the Broncos, Giants ...  just kidding).  The saying that a good
>	defense will win games was never proved better than Sunday
>	against the Giants.  Yes, I know that Cin. and the Bears
>	blew them out, but this is the annual "Cowboy Midseason Slump"
>	a little later in the year.
>
>	Well, I can hardly wait for the rematch with the Bears in the
>	NFC championship game!  Go Raiders over Rams (Dallas then hosts
>	first playoff game after they win)!
>

>	Scott Smith  -  A Texan invading the North

Some people like watching their team get massacred twice???  I am a
big Bears fan, and I think they probably are head and shoulders better
than the rest of the teams this year.  The real question seems to be
(my opinion) who's second best?  However, having lived in Chicago for
the last 22+ years (until March 1, 1985), I know better than to expect
them to win it all.  They will probably do an el-foldo in the SuperBowl,
like the Illini did in the Rose Bowl a few years ago, the Cubs did 2
years ago, and the White Sox did 3 years ago.  However, the Bears
are real young and they have beyond a shadow of a doubt been the best
football team in the NFL over the last two years (they were one game
away from the SuperBowl last year).  And they are doing it without 2
ProBowl players on their defense from last year (contract hold outs).

Just remember, the Bears will play all of their playoff games at home
in January in Chicago.  Boy are they gonna be tough.  By the way,
last year on SuperBowl Sunday, it was 80 Degrees BELOW ZERO with the
wind chill in Chicago, while it was a sunny and warm 72 here in
the San Fransisco Bay area.

One last thing, I figure the 49ers will beat the Giants and play the
Bears at Soldier Field on the weekend of the 12th of January...
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

/mykes

allison@convex.UUCP (12/31/85)

> 	I have only been reading .football for a few months and I was
> 	a little suprised that nothing has been said about the
> 	return of the Dallas Cowboys...

Maybe it's because the majority of the talk on this net in early September
(before AND after the 44-0 massacre of Washington!) was "The Cowboys in the
playoffs????  Hahahahaha!  The Cowboys should barely finish .500, if that."
(The last sentence is an exact quote from someone - wish I'd saved some of
these!).

NOTE: Not even I think Dallas has a good chance of beating the Chicago
(Polar) Bears in Chicago in January.  But, for what it's worth, Dallas DID
beat Chicago in pre-season, so nothing's impossible. (Yes I'm aware that
pre-season and playoffs are two different animals.)

Trivia Question: Which NFL team has made the playoffs the most number of
times in the last 20 years?  How many years?

Brian Allison		{allegra, ihnp4, uiucdcs, ctvax}!convex!allison
Convex Computer Corp.
Richardson, TX

nyssa@abnji.UUCP (nyssa of traken) (01/05/86)

Some person commented on the Redskins losing to Dallas 44-0.
Hmmmm.  I had thought Washington scored in that; in fact Washington
was in the game at halftime.

No, 44-0 was the score of Dallas vs. Chicago in the regular season,
wasn't it?
--
James C. Armstrong, Jnr.	{ihnp4,cbosgd,akgua}!abnji!nyssa

"It's a sort of mini-clone!"  Who said them, what story?

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (01/05/86)

  Just got finished watching the Cowboys get thoroughly trounced and
humiliated by the Rams. Only have one thing to say to all the Cowboy fans:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !

boucher@hsi.UUCP (Keith Boucher) (01/07/86)

> Some person commented on the Redskins losing to Dallas 44-0.
> Hmmmm.  I had thought Washington scored in that; in fact Washington
> was in the game at halftime.
>
> No, 44-0 was the score of Dallas vs. Chicago in the regular season,
> wasn't it?
> --
> James C. Armstrong, Jnr.	{ihnp4,cbosgd,akgua}!abnji!nyssa

The Chicago Bears did indeed beat Dallas by the score of 44-0.  It was one
of the biggest beatings Dallas ever had to endure.  Dallas recovered,
however, to win the NFC East although the Rams did it to them in the playoffs,
by the score of 20-0.  Dallas beat Washington twice this year by scores of
44-14 in Dallas on the first Monday Night Game of the year and by the score
of 13-7 in Washington.

				Keith Boucher, HSI, New Haven, CT