[net.sport.football] /Oklahoma/Pac-10

dday@umcp-cs.UUCP (Dennis Doubleday) (01/11/86)

In article <30400016@ISM780B.UUCP> jimb@ISM780B.UUCP writes:
>As for USC, yes UCLA coughed up a loss to a weaker team.  How many times has
>Pitt knocked off a superior Penn St. team?  My mother is a Penn St. alumnus
>and is sick of the number of times it happened.  When a game is one of
>intense rivalry, ANYTHING can happen.  As for the Pac-10 schedule, it's no
>cakewalk.  I respect every school except Oregon St.

I'm glad for you.  We Big 8ers have a little more trouble respecting
Oregon than you do, after we watch Nebraska crush them 63-0.  I don't
think the Pac 10 is any stronger than the Big 8.  Both conferences have
about half the teams having a good-to-great year and half the teams
having a good-to-miserable year, year in and year out.  UCLA's schedule
was no tougher than Oklahoma's.  Both teams played 3 teams that ended
up in the top 20, several respectable teams, and several lousy teams.
So what is this garbage (in another posting by you) about moving
Oklahoma down to #5 to adjust for their easy schedule?
--

UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!dday                      Dennis Doubleday
CSNet:	dday@umcp-cs				 University of Maryland