[net.sport.football] SUPERBOWL FEVER

kovalsky@spp2.UUCP (Bruce Kovalsky) (01/11/86)

I've seen quite a few postings in this newsgroup lately on the
New England Patriots. Many seem to think they have a chance this
Sunday against the Dolphins in Miami, a place where they haven't
won in 18 years and a place that Miami has won 17 of their last
18 games. They also have a 5-0 record in AFC championship games,
all at Miami.

To all you New England fans, I say, your chances are SLIM and NONE.
There is no way they will beat the Dolphins, especially with Fryar
out with an injury (kitchen accident, watch out for those knives!).

Shula is too smart, Marino is too good, and history is on the Dolphins'
side and is unlikely to be broken. Sure, the Pats may cover the spread,
but that won't get them into the Super Bowl. In the NFL today, good
passing attacks will score more than good running attacks every time.
Sorry, Patriots, your fairy-book season is about to come to an END.

It'll be the Super Bowl everyone is waiting for, the two best teams in
the league:     CHICAGO BEARS vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS
A classic rematch of the game won on Dec. 2 by the Dolphins, 38-24.
-----
Bruce Kovalsky          #1 Dol-fan
..{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,scdrdcf,ucbvax}!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky

You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins

pjk@teddy.UUCP (01/13/86)

In article <847@spp2.UUCP> kovalsky@spp2.UUCP (Bruce Kovalsky) writes:
>I've seen quite a few postings in this newsgroup lately on the
>New England Patriots. Many seem to think they have a chance this
>Sunday against the Dolphins in Miami, a place where they haven't
>won in 18 years and a place that Miami has won 17 of their last
>18 games. They also have a 5-0 record in AFC championship games,
>all at Miami.
>
>To all you New England fans, I say, your chances are SLIM and NONE.

	IN YOUR FACE PAL - final score SLIM 31, dolphins 14 !!!!!!

>Shula is too smart, Marino is too good, and history is on the Dolphins'
>side and is unlikely to be broken.

	Shula's too old, Marino's too cocky, and history is
	for has-beens

>Sure, the Pats may cover the spread, but that won't get them into the
>Super Bowl.

	The spread was 6 I believe:

		final score SLIM 37, dolphins 14 !!!!!!!!!!!!

>In the NFL today, good passing attacks will score more than good
>running attacks every time.

	Too TRUE, but a passing attack needs the ball, just like a
	running attack:

	TIME OF POSSESSION:	Slim 39:51, dolphins 20:09

>Sorry, Patriots, your fairy-book season is about to come to an END.
>
>It'll be the Super Bowl everyone is waiting for, the two best teams in
>the league: 	CHICAGO BEARS vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS
>You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins

	HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (01/14/86)

> To all you New England fans, I say, your chances are SLIM and NONE.
> There is no way they will beat the Dolphins, especially with Fryar
> out with an injury (kitchen accident, watch out for those knives!).

  Would you care to eat those words now? I'll even pass the salt...

  NEW ENGLAND 31, MIAMI 14 in a game totally dominated by the Patriots.
They literally ran over the Dolphins.

hhc@whuxlm.UUCP (Chefitz Harry H) (01/14/86)

> I've seen quite a few postings in this newsgroup lately on the
> New England Patriots. Many seem to think they have a chance this
> Sunday against the Dolphins in Miami, a place where they haven't
> won in 18 years and a place that Miami has won 17 of their last
> 18 games. They also have a 5-0 record in AFC championship games,
> all at Miami.
>
> To all you New England fans, I say, your chances are SLIM and NONE.
> There is no way they will beat the Dolphins, especially with Fryar
> out with an injury (kitchen accident, watch out for those knives!).
>
> Shula is too smart, Marino is too good, and history is on the Dolphins'
> side and is unlikely to be broken. Sure, the Pats may cover the spread,
> but that won't get them into the Super Bowl. In the NFL today, good
> passing attacks will score more than good running attacks every time.
> Sorry, Patriots, your fairy-book season is about to come to an END.
>
> It'll be the Super Bowl everyone is waiting for, the two best teams in
> the league: 	CHICAGO BEARS vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS
> A classic rematch of the game won on Dec. 2 by the Dolphins, 38-24.
> -----
> Bruce Kovalsky 		#1 Dol-fan
> ..{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,scdrdcf,ucbvax}!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky
>
> You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins

chuckle, chuckle...

ryan@fremen.DEC (DTN 264-8280 MK01-2/E25) (01/14/86)

---------------------Reply to mail dated 11-JAN-1986 00:57---------------------

>Posted by: decwrl!decvax!ittatc!dcdwest!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky
>To all you New England fans, I say, your chances are SLIM and NONE.
>There is no way they will beat the Dolphins, especially with Fryar
>out with an injury (kitchen accident, watch out for those knives!).
>
>Shula is too smart, Marino is too good, and history is on the Dolphins'
>side and is unlikely to be broken. Sure, the Pats may cover the spread,
>but that won't get them into the Super Bowl. In the NFL today, good
>passing attacks will score more than good running attacks every time.

Not when a good passing attack is ALL you've got.

>Sorry, Patriots, your fairy-book season is about to come to an END.
>
>It'll be the Super Bowl everyone is waiting for, the two best teams in
>the league: 	CHICAGO BEARS vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS
>A classic rematch of the game won on Dec. 2 by the Dolphins, 38-24.
>-----
>Bruce Kovalsky 		#1 Dol-fan
>..{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,scdrdcf,ucbvax}!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky
>
>You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins

Heh, heh, heh.

Super Bowl XX - 13-13 going into OT, first team to make a mistake loses. It
may take two or three OT's... At any rate, a 9-10 point spread is absurd.

Mike Ryan
ARPA:	ryan%fremen.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
UUCP:	{decvax,allegra,ihnp4,ucbvax,...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-fremen!ryan

jimb@ISM780B.UUCP (01/14/86)

>You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins

Umm, by the time this made it to my corner of the net, I heard it here last.
Dead last.

	  -- Jim Brunet
	     Agitator At-Large

djm@rayssd.UUCP (Dan R. Murphy) (01/17/86)

> To all you New England fans, I say, your chances are SLIM and NONE.

Next time a dol-fan tells me I have no chance I'll bet the house!

> Shula is too smart, Marino is too good, and history is on the Dolphins'
> side and is unlikely to be broken. Sure, the Pats may cover the spread,
> but that won't get them into the Super Bowl. In the NFL today, good
> passing attacks will score more than good running attacks every time.

Except when the good passing attack runs into a good, aggresive defense and
when the good running attack runs into a mediocre(at best!) defense.

> It'll be the Super Bowl everyone is waiting for, the two best teams in
> the league: 	CHICAGO BEARS vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS
> A classic rematch of the game won on Dec. 2 by the Dolphins, 38-24.
> -----
> Bruce Kovalsky 		#1 Dol-fan
> ..{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,scdrdcf,ucbvax}!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky
>
> You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins

Maybe next year if the Dolphins improve their defense.

Dan Murphy
Raytheon SSD

ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) (01/21/86)

> >You heard it here first - SUPER BOWL XX CHAMPS: Miami Dolphins
>
> Umm, by the time this made it to my corner of the net, I heard it here last.
> Dead last.
>

> 	  -- Jim Brunet
> 	     Agitator At-Large

DITTO!

					Addison
					ihnp4!ihlpa!ibyf

My brother? I always thought of him as mom and dad's science project.