[net.lsi] SPICE III

aeusemrs@csun.UUCP (Mike Stump) (10/22/86)

I am familiar with Spice 2G, and my opinion of it is not very high.
(I realize it is most likely and OLD version...)
After all on a Cyber 170/750 (very fast machine, large not very cheap)
it has massive problems running a four bit adder (yes, yes, I know, digital)
(and yes, yes, it is probably a fault of the operating system...)
Now, the question, and Spice III handle digital type things?  Maybe
a 8 bit adder? (:-)  Or is there a better program out there for digital
things?  Things like, 'well, gee, look here, the chip specs say that the
result of the addition will be on the output line 25 to 38 ns after the
input line is strobed low, if the output enable pin is high, or 5 to 12 ns
after the output enable pin is asserted, provided that the input line
was strobed low at least 39 ns before, else ...'
Well, you get the message, I would like a tool to build these things
and simulate them.  Yes, I know about the WorkStations, but I would be
interested in a $0 - $200 program, not a $xxx,xxx Vax, and a terminal.

				Person Seeking Knowedge,
					Mike Stump

Newsgroups: net.lsi
Subject: SPICE III (Unix, C)

[...]