[net.politics] Canadian propaganda

arens@UCBKIM (02/25/83)

From: arens@UCBKIM (Yigal Arens)
To: net-politics@BERKELEY.ARPA

I heard a news item on the above last night on radio station KPFA
(Berkeley).  They talked to people from the Canadian film board too.
Apparently what this classification means is that there needs to be a
disclaimer at the beginning of the films, the producers have to register as
foreign agents, and a list has to be maintained of all organizations who
show the film.  This list must be turned in to the US Justice Department.

Sounds pretty sinister.

Three films are involved, two about acid rain and one about nuclear war
which, if I got it right, has been nominated for an Oscar.

Yigal Arens
UC Berkeley