[net.politics] id AA01869; 18 Jun 83 18:46:53 PDT

arens%UCBKIM@ucbvax.UUCP (06/19/83)

Date: 18 Jun 83 18:46:44 PDT (Sat)
From: arens@UCBKIM (Yigal Arens)
Subject: Huh?
To: net-politics@BERKELEY

>From zrm@mit-eddi.UUCP's recent message to net.politics:

	...my reasons for supporting the existence of Israel come only from
	my perception that Israel is a just, enlightened, and democratic
	land in the middle of a sea of hatred, feudalism and oppression.

And also,

	...what bothers me most about Israel is the way in which the
	occupied areas have been administered. It reminds me all too much
	of the russification of the Baltic states.

????

Yigal Arens
UC Berkeley  (soon USC)

P.S.  Thanks, Zig, for defending my right to write.