[net.music] Comments

zar%xhmeia@CIT-HAMLET.ARPA (03/29/85)

I just can't sit and listen anymore! First...

>From: Samuel Black <black%unc.uucp@BRL-TGR.ARPA>
>Subject: Re: opinion poll for worst song ever!
>
>Definitely anything by Michael Jackson.
>
>       - sam black
>         D.R.E.A.D. Gold Card Holder
>
>    (D.R.E.A.D. = Detroit Rockers Engaged in the Abolition of Disco)

Funny...he certainly sold a lot of "Off The Wall" and "Thriller"
albums (1 for ever 5 people in the U.S.A). I'm sure more than a few
"rockers" bought his albums as well. Besides who said anything about
the "worst" song ever (stick to the subject).

          - Zar, (E)ducators (A)gainst (T)he (I)gnorant (W)hites (W)ith
                 (N)o (S)hoes (A)nd (N)o (B)rains.

>From: nm34 <nm34%sdcc12.uucp@BRL-TGR.ARPA>
>Subject: The Dead Experience & Tripping
>
>One unique thing about Grateful Dead concerts is that approximately
>30-50% of the attendees are tripping.  This may
>not be interesting to those of you out there who haven't experienced the
>alternate reality of these 'magical' substances, but those of you who
>have, and haven't been to a Dead concert, you should try it.
>                                 C. Charlie

This is no place to advertise getting high. Its bad enough you are a
user, but worse that you're a pusher. Get out of the '60s and wake up.

				D. Zirin
				Caltech

marcus@reed.UUCP (Marc Burns) (04/04/85)

>>One unique thing about Grateful Dead concerts is that approximately
>>30-50% of the attendees are tripping.  This may
>>not be interesting to those of you out there who haven't experienced the
>>alternate reality of these 'magical' substances, but those of you who
>>have, and haven't been to a Dead concert, you should try it.
>>                                 C. Charlie
>
>This is no place to advertise getting high. Its bad enough you are a
>user, but worse that you're a pusher. Get out of the '60s and wake up.
>
>				D. Zirin
>				Caltech

	He may actually have a point here, I suppose this is not the place to
advocate getting high.  For this reason, I suggest the immeadiate creation of
net.drugs, for discussion dealing with drugs and drug related issues, i.e.
NORML, paraquat spraying, whatever's left of Leary, etc.  I suppose that this is
a good as place any to suggest this, owing to the high percentage of concert
goers/drug users.  Please forgive (m)any violations of nettiquette.

			Roast me, if you will,

			marcus@reed

jeffw@tekecs.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (04/05/85)

>>One unique thing about Grateful Dead concerts is that approximately
>>30-50% of the attendees are tripping.  This may
>>not be interesting to those of you out there who haven't experienced the
>>alternate reality of these 'magical' substances, but those of you who
>>have, and haven't been to a Dead concert, you should try it.
>>                                 C. Charlie
>
>This is no place to advertise getting high. Its bad enough you are a
>user, but worse that you're a pusher. Get out of the '60s and wake up.
>
>				D. Zirin
>				Caltech

Wake up yourself. If someone can't say no to a drug, that's their problem
and their responsibility. Now let's get back to discussing music, OK?

			Mahler is legal, why not cocaine?
				Jeff Winslow