[net.politics] Good vs. Evil

alan@allegra.UUCP (11/28/83)

	From: donald@utcsrgv.UUCP
	Newsgroups: net.poems,net.politics,net.flame,net.followup
	Subject: Re: A Tribute to Freedom Fighters

	McGhee's ilk has such a primitive view of international politics
	("we're right, they're wrong, an' either yer fer us or agin' us")
	that sometimes I get alarmed that some of them control the nukes.

"We are decent, peace-loving, God-fearing Christians, and they are evil,
power-hungry, Godless communists."

It makes life so easy.  No need to tire the grey cells.  No need to waste
a lot of time making intelligent judgements of world situations.  If we
did it, we're right.  If they did it, they're wrong.

Ronald Regan's actions have all been based on this fairy tale, and yes,
I'm alarmed too.