[net.politics] An International subject

keduh@hogpd.UUCP (D.HUDEK) (05/31/84)

>Subject: Re: A International subject
>
>My God! Is "it would be hard to get out again" really the best
>argument against (US?) armed intervention we can produce? How
>about "international law"? One is not *supposed* to come barging
>in, weapons raised, as soon as it would suit
>ones interests.

OK, how about "international law"? I'm no expert, but it certainly
seems to me that there must be SOME sort of international agreement
that prohibits attacking oil tankers which are peacefully going about
their business. The question is, who are the judges and jury, and (more to
the point) who acts the part of policeman ??

don't ask me.... The US has tried the part several times in the
past and [ maybe aside from WWII ] it hasn't received too many
thanks. Personally, I think it's time to hang loose, kick back,
(have a home brew ? :-) ), and let somebody else give it a shot.

>>> standard disclaimer model 38b/928308-ccc : "the opinions expressed
above are not necessarily those of my employer [or even myself, come
the morrow :-) ]"  <<<

hogpd!keduh