[net.politics] chronic war preparers, a correction

brener@milrat.DEC (11/07/84)

in my little entry yesterday i wrote:
>Because the dangers of the "EAST-WEST [conflict]" are not so tangible
>we rely on the voice of vested interest to tell us what we need.

i should clear up what i mean by "not so tangible". Compared to ill-health
and crime which is everywhere prevalent and obvious, conflicts that exist
away from our borders are reported to us, and generally not seen first hand
by the population at large.
It is therefore less tangible because we have the information fed to us from
different groups with different interests, and typically do not see all
that is really happening out there. Before anyone goes off the handle
and says "WHAT ABOUT XXXXX, AND WHAT ABOUT YYYYY" just remember it too
is still only part of a much bigger story.

steve b

Wed 7-Nov-1984 09:44 EDT