[net.politics] In Defense of Milo

thill@ssc-bee.UUCP (Tom Hill) (11/16/84)

<><><><><><><><>

With all the people out there flaming away at Milo I just wanted to
give him my support.  His attempts to educate the net have not been
totally lost on deaf terminals.

Recently I have noticed that most of you guys out there flaming at
Milo are flaming at him simply because YOU DON'T LIKE HIM.  Milo
writes an article and presents the facts as he sees them, lists his
sources and asks for a response that has also been reasonably thought
out.  He has yet to get such a response!  Your replies can be summed
up like this...  "don't bother me with facts when I am trying to win
this argument on emotional appeal."  Face it guys, you simply do not
like his opinion.  This on going discussion will go on for quite some
time and I do not think that either side will change their opinions
much.

Everybody should realize that two people can listen to the same information
and come to two completely different conclusions for two completely
different reasons.  It is all a matter of how you were brought up,
where you went to school, who your friends were, ect....

So come on people, Milo has some important and reasonable things to
say.  Even if you don't agree with him at least it gives you something
to think about and new areas to research.  If you want to flame someone
who is off the wall why don't you write an article or two about
Ron Rizzo.

	Tom Hill

gam@amdahl.UUCP (Gordon A. Moffett) (11/20/84)

Tom Hill writes:

> Recently I have noticed that most of you guys out there flaming at
> Milo are flaming at him simply because YOU DON'T LIKE HIM.  Milo
> writes an article and presents the facts as he sees them, lists his
> sources and asks for a response that has also been reasonably thought
> out.  He has yet to get such a response!  Your replies can be summed
> up like this...  "don't bother me with facts when I am trying to win
> this argument on emotional appeal."  Face it guys, you simply do not
> like his opinion.  This on going discussion will go on for quite some
> time and I do not think that either side will change their opinions
> much.

Tom is right.  I have seen this happening quite a bit, along with another
interesting tactic: if you leap to the defense of people like Milo
you are labeled with the same nasty labels they would apply to him
EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T EXPRESSED AGREEMENT but merely defended his
right to speak here and be answered reasonably.

Just watch ....
--
Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!gam

37 22'50" N / 122 59'12" W	[ This is just me talking. ]