[net.politics] 3rd world savages!

gupta@asgb.UUCP (11/03/84)

>> From: martillo@mit-athena.UUCP
>>
>> I like Reagan's willingness  to  give  howling  3rd  world  savages  the
>> ass-kicking  they deserve.

The above submission by mit-athena!martillo speaks for itself.

Yogesh Gupta {sdcrdcf, sdcsvax}!bmcg!asgb!gupta

raghu@rlgvax.UUCP (Raghu Raghunathan) (11/11/84)

> From: martillo@mit-athena.UUCP
>
> I like Reagan's willingness  to  give  howling  3rd  world  savages  the
> ass-kicking  they deserve.

	Such disgraceful lack of civility offends my senses. martillo@mit-
	athena should be ashamed to call him/her-self a human; much less
	civilized. No wonder many "3rd world savages" have such a deep
	loathing for Americans. A few martillo@mit_athenas would set
	mankind back several centuries.

	I would love to give martillo@mit_athena a swift "ass-kicking" he/
	she so richly deserves, but that would be too much of an imposition
	on my shoes.

martillo@mit-athena.ARPA (Joaquim Martillo) (11/12/84)

>> From: martillo@mit-athena.UUCP
>>
>> I like Reagan's willingness  to  give  howling  3rd  world  savages  the
>> ass-kicking  they deserve.

>	Such disgraceful lack of civility offends my senses. martillo@mit-
>	athena should be ashamed to call him/her-self a human; much less
>	civilized. No wonder many "3rd world savages" have such a deep
>	loathing for Americans. A few martillo@mit_athenas would set
>	mankind back several centuries.
>
>	I would love to give martillo@mit_athena a swift "ass-kicking" he/
>	she so richly deserves, but that would be too much of an imposition
>	on my shoes.

Listen, turkey, my family comes from the 3rd world (Libya and Turkey  to
be  exact).   The  3rd  world  sucks,  and  we  are glad not to be there
anymore.

A large part of my family was killed from 1948-1968 for the crime of not
being Muslim so tell me these people are not howling savages.

Given  the  violence going on in right now in India (which is not unique
when viewed in perspective of  Hindu  Muslim  violence  or  violence  in
Assam),  the  description  applies  as  well  to India which is the most
populous 3rd world country (China excluded).  So don't give  me  any  of
this  Hindu  hypocrisy.   Perhaps,  India  should be returned to British
rule.  The Brits seem to have done a  lot  better  job  at  running  the
subcontinent than the locals are doing now.

jcp@brl-tgr.ARPA (Joe Pistritto <jcp>) (11/14/84)

> ...  Perhaps,  India  should be returned to British
>rule.  The Brits seem to have done a  lot  better  job  at  running  the
>subcontinent than the locals are doing now.

On the contrary...  This year, approximately 12K people were killed in
the major acts of violence in India.  Based on scaling this to the population
of the US, that comes to about the equivalent of 4K here.  Somewhat less than
10 percent of the number of people killed in traffic accidents (much less
serious stuff like murder).  And in case you're wondering, even WITH all the
riots taken into account, the death rate due to 'violence' in India is less
than 1/3 that of the US.  Perhaps the US should be returned to British
rule! :-)

The situation in India under the Brits, from what I have heard, was far
worse, in the 7 years prior to Independence, on the order of a million
people died in various disturbances, which the British mostly refused to
get involved in doing anything about...

Enuf time wasted on drivel like this...

						-JCP-

alan@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Alan Algustyniak) (11/16/84)

In article <5753@brl-tgr.ARPA> jcp@brl-tgr.ARPA (Joe Pistritto <jcp>) writes:

>  This year, approximately 12K people were killed in
> the major acts of violence in India.  Based on scaling this to the population
> of the US, that comes to about the equivalent of 4K

So far as i can guess, the # of people killed in major acts of violence
in the US this year is somewhat under 15.  And that is WITH all the
opportunities presented by the olympics.

The only major acts of violence resulting in death in the US last year,
that i can remember, are: the MacDonald's massacre, and the Westwood
massacre.

> Perhaps the US should be returned to British
> rule! :-)

Aha! The first really interesting idea i've seen in this newsgroup since
someone suggested sending Windex and a copy of Jane's Aircraft of the
World to Soviet fighter pilots.

	sdcrdcf!alan

martillo@mit-athena.ARPA (Joaquim Martillo) (11/20/84)

>The situation in India under the Brits, from what I have heard, was far
>worse, in the 7 years prior to Independence, on the order of a million
>people died in various disturbances, which the British mostly refused to
>get involved in doing anything about...

As  long as the Indian subcontinent was to be part of the British Empire
the British had a  moral  obligation  and  self-interest  in  preventing
various  Indian  ethnic  groups  from slaughtering each other.  Once the
decision was made to give India independence as the Indians wished,  the
British  had  neither moral obligation nor self-interest in discouraging
the natural inclinations of Indian ethnic groups.