[net.politics] A response to Shawn P. Daly's response to a Mondale supporter

sofo@ihuxm.UUCP (Terry Bermes) (12/04/84)

> Well I'm glad there aren't too many people around like you.

  A warm, compassionate, rational and logical response to a differing opinion.

> I voted for Reagan in 1980 & 1984.

  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

> I think he is a great President. I can't honestly see how anyone can say other> wise.

  I think Phylis Diller is a beautiful woman. I can't honestly see how anyone     can say otherwise.
  I think the Edsel was a great car. I can't honestly see how anyone can say
  otherwise.
  I think the Houston Oilers are a great football team. I can't honestly see
  how anyone can say otherwise.

> Sure, he's not perfect, but no one is.

  Especially people who screw the have nots in favor of those who have.

> Especially that idiot Mondale.

  Another warm, compassionate, logical and rational response. Surely you are
  thinking too hard.

> Reagan is getting this country on it's feet again & that's fine with me.

  The country is on it's feet. Looking for work, looking for shelter, looking
  for a safe haven from nuclear war. On it's feet in the protest lines, fighting  the unfair policies of an unfair administration.

  Guess who I voted for?
                                               Terry Bermes
                                               MONDALE '84 (and proud of it)

steiny@scc.UUCP (Don Steiny) (12/05/84)

> Well I'm glad there aren't too many people around like you.

	Around where??    Here in Santa Cruz Mondale had a  substantial
majority.  It was 2-1 for Mondale in San Francisco.  Must be that  there
are a whole lot of people in New York and Los Angles and they all
voted for Reagan and that's why he won.   I don't know many
people around here that would admit they voted for Reagan even
if they did.

--
scc!steiny
Don Steiny - Personetics @ (408) 425-0382

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (12/06/84)

In article <268@scc.UUCP> steiny@scc.UUCP (Don Steiny) writes:

>Here in Santa Cruz Mondale had a  substantial
>majority.  It was 2-1 for Mondale in San Francisco.

In Alameda County, California, 85% went for Mondale.
--
Richard Mateosian
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA