[net.politics] libertarianism fundamentals; ... and

mwm@ea.UUCP (12/14/84)

/***** ea:net.politics / wucs!esk /  3:01 am  Dec 12, 1984 */
From: mwm@ea.UUCP	(<mike)
> Ah, yes, but who decides what "the common good" is? Better yet, who
> decides how much it is moral to take from someone at gunpoint (and
> from whom) for "the common good?"

I will!  Now, are you going to sit there and complain while leaving such
decisions up to people like me?  Or are you going to vote for your own
conception of the common good?

"... come out of the corner fighting and may the best idea win!"
				--Paul V. Torek, ihnp4!wucs!wucec1!pvt1047
Please send any mail directly to this address, not the sender's.  Thanks.

No, I don't complain. Nor do I try and force others to work towards
my conception of the common good. Instead, I am trying to change things
so that people who, like you, would use force to make others behave in
a manner they deem 'correct' (Jerry Falwell, the ACLU, and Adolf Hitler
spring to mind as good examples) are not allowed to do so.

	<mike