[net.politics] INdira Gandhi

zsm@teddy.UUCP (Zhir S. Mandviwala) (10/31/84)

India's prime minister Mrs. INDIRA GANDHI was

assasinated by 3 extremists SHIKHS in NEW-DELHI

(India's Capital city) yesterday.

steve@zinfandel.UUCP (12/15/84)

Can Ronald Reagan really keep a straight face when deploring
the assassination of Indira Ghandi, when her Sikh bodyguards
probably just picked up a copy of Reagan's CIA Terrorism for
the Third World manual they found lying around, looked in the
chapter on neutralizing government leaders, and offed her.

A government which publishes primers on how to do this sort
of thing should not be surprised when it happens.

zinfandel!steve nelson

jcp@brl-tgr.ARPA (12/18/84)

In article <1720@zehntel.UUCP> steve@zinfandel.UUCP writes:
>Can Ronald Reagan really keep a straight face when deploring
>the assassination of Indira Ghandi, when her Sikh bodyguards
>probably just picked up a copy of Reagan's CIA Terrorism for
>the Third World manual they found lying around, looked in the
>chapter on neutralizing government leaders, and offed her.
>
>A government which publishes primers on how to do this sort
>of thing should not be surprised when it happens.

Aw, come off it!  I can't believe it when people start going on
about this damned CIA manual stuff.

Any asshole who can figure out how to fire a gun can perform
assassinations.  Note also that the Sikhs involved in the Gandhi
assassination were contacted by radical organizations over a year
ago, (well before the CIA manual case).  I suppose anyone who
watches 'The Godfather' is going to go out and start an organized
crime family too...

Please engage mind before mouth (or hands)...

						-JCP-